Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where did that fat B***h go???!!

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:07 PM
  • 48 Replies
5 moms liked this

I have debated for a while now, whether or not if I should do a before and after post and share my story. I’ve heisted partly because my story isn’t over, it’s only the beginning and partly because I’m embarrassed of what I use to be. I struggled with my weight on and off my whole life. I had my highs and lows but never in my life did I think I would reach the ultimate low like I did this past August (2013). 

I spent the majority of the summer eating fast food, and hiding behind my North Face fleece ashamed of what I’ve become. Eventually I started distancing myself from my friends and family, I no longer wanted to go to Wednesday night volleyball with our friends and started declining the Facebook event invites to social gatherings. I was to embarrassed and seeing other people with flat stomachs whom have, had kids made me feel crummy and didn’t help even though it wasn’t their faults I became the way I did. I even went and got a swimming pool in my backyard and skipped going out on the lake and beach (something I LOVE doing in the summer time) so I could hide myself from the world. 

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks: I remember my DH and I were getting ready to go on vacation with the girls to Myrtle Beach, it was suppose to be one last fun summer event before the girls went back to school and our life’s got crazy hectic. There I was standing in my bedroom closet trying to squeeze myself into a size 10 shorts that were clearly way to small and tight. Off to the store I went to buy some shorts that actually fit, I tried the 12s and they didn’t fit so I tried the 14 and they fit perfectly, I cried and I cried hard and made a pack with my husband that when we got back from vacation I would hit the gym and do what it took to get my body in shape. 

The first couple of months where the hardest I knew that if I wanted to be successful I had to cut out of the crap eating and be serious about my health. The first thing I did was met with a trainer (which I absolutely love), the second thing I did was install myfitnesspal app on my phone. Myfitnesspal app is a free calorie tracker that helps you track your calories, water intake, and exercise, as well as giving you a suggested amount of calories you should be eating for your height and weight and for what weight you want to reach. Talk about an eye opener! I was literally eating anywhere from 2,500-3,200 calories a day when I should have been eating 1,700 calories. Things that I thought were healthy and good for me where nothing but processed, crap food, filled with empty calories. It took me a good 3 months to really change my eating habits. I completely cut out noodles, crackers, Starbucks, fast food, iced tea, breads (which I did add back in later but now only eat 35 calorie per a slice bread made by Healthy Life), and lastly red meat (personal choice, I don’t recommend it just something that I wanted to do). I started eating breakfast, something I never did before, drinking nothing but water, eating veggies (who would of thought I would have discovered my love for cabbage, brussel sprouts, and broccoli), chicken, fish, and watched what I ate. Most importantly I allowed myself a treat once in while and only on days I worked out. By allowing myself a treat once in a while I avoided the binge eating of crap food that often happens when one eats 100% clean 24/7/ 364. Let’s face it I’m a women after all, I need my piece of chocolate once in awhile. 

There were days that I hurt so bad that I would lay in bed watching motivation videos of others weight lose struggles and successes to help give me that push. When I first started working out I couldn’t run a mile in 15 minutes now today I run 6-8 miles in a hour. Running is probably the easiest thing you could possibly do to lose weight. I’m not a health expert or personal trainer but for me this is what worked. I learned from friends and my trainer that it was just as important to do cardio, as it is to do strength training, as it’s more effective to do both then just one. Yes, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, am not saying this will work for you, I’m just simply saying this is what worked for me. I do 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of strength training 4 days a week, followed by a hour of personal training 2 days a week followed by a hour of cardio before my personal training. 

It took a good 3 months before I really started noticing any type of change. It started with my pants they were starting to become loose, I couldn’t believe it. I slowly stopped hiding behind my northface and yoga pants and started fitting into clothes that I hadn’t wore in a good year and it felt amazing, almost like a brand new wardrobe. The best part was people started noticing and asking me if I was working out and that they could tell. 

When I first starting getting serious about my health and weight again I started out at a size 14 pants, size large top, and a size 36C. Today I wear a size 4 pants, size small top, and 34B. My measurements which I keep in an email to remind myself of how far I’ve come where: weight 168 lbs , 28.3% body fat, 11.75 inches upper arms, 22.5 inches thighs, , 39 inches in chest , 37 inches bellybutton, and 41 inches hips. Today my measurements are: Weight 140.9lbs, 20% body fat, 10.75 inches in upper arm, 20.75 inches in thigh, 33.5 inches in chest, 33.5 inches in belly, 28.5 inches in hips. Since August I've lost over all: 27.1lbs, 8.3% body fat, 1.25 inches off upper arms, 2.25 inches off thighs, 7.5 inches off chest, 4 inches off waist, and 3.5 inches off hips. 

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JaneMarie80
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
You look awesome! Great job!
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
You look incredible!! Thanks for sharing your story.

jenesis509
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I'm very inspired =D thank you for sharing
ashellbell
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Yay!!! There's no better feeling! Someone sent me a picture today of me when I was bigger and I felt so proud and feel so different. It's a great feeling! You kick ass!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for posting your story:-). It's inspiring! 

ashellbell
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:15 PM
I miss my boobs from being heavier lol. :-(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:16 PM
Thank you for sharing.
I also skip events bc of my weight , like I don't feel comfortable in clothes, but I can't wear workout pants to every event! Not that I work out , haha.
I am so glad you found your aha! Moment And made a healthy change for yourself.
mylove415
by Viviana on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:17 PM
You look AMAZING mama!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Thanks, my measurements are almost identical to your before. I hope to be where you are one day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Looks great for all the sucking in you're doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)