Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FFS: A stranger made my DD cry today and I was in too much shock to tell her to F off..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

updated;

ugh FFS, you guys are adding parts to the story that aren't there. I didn't LEAVE her to go get changed. My DH stayed with them while I went and changed, I had some woman issues to attend to. Then when I got back, my DH went to go get our lunches, my youngest was just done so I was holding her as she was dozing and allowing my 3 yr old to get 10 more minutes in before we had to go eat lunch. I had only said once to her that it was about time to get out and like a newly turned 3 year old she didn't immediately listen so I knew I or my DH was going to have to get stern with her. Good grief. I'm glad you perfect mommies have perfect angels who listen to every single thing you tell them to do right away. My bad, I should have them drill Sargent trained!

So, we went to this little indoor water park that we frequent today and as usual, it's empty during the week except for a few toddlers who aren't in school yet (like my DDs.) I have a 1 yr old and 3 yr old. My DH went to the car to get the lunch we packed and then you have to go upstairs to eat it on this balcony area. I'm dried off and changed holding my 1 yr old by the pool watching my 3 yr old in the shallow pool. My DH comes to the balcony and I'm trying to silently convey to him that our 3 yr old isn't listening to get out and I can't go in with my clothes on, and he still had his suit on.

So that's when crazy bitch steps in. She's comes across nice, had a 1 yr old I'd say and she casually is like "Aw, what's your older daughters name?" Innocent enough so I tell her. We'll call my DD, Mar. Suddenly she raises her voice sternly and points in my DDs direction and says "Mar! You need to get out of the pool right this instant, you aren't listening to your mother and that's very bad! Come out of the pool right now". I'm like..what the fuck just happened? lol My DD unfortunately is pretty sensitive and she's not used to getting borderline yelled at by strangers. She curled her lip so fast and starting bawling and STILL wouldn't get out of the pool. She looked almost scared to. The bitch started in again trying to tell my DD to get out and I put my hand firmly on her shoulder and was like "That's quite alright, I've got it from here".

I honestly don't know how I didn't go off on her. People have some big ass balls....
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:12 PM
6 moms liked this
While I wouldn't do that she probably just saw your predicament and was trying to help out. Maybe not in the best way but still.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:12 PM
I would have slapped that lady honestly
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this

She just did what you should have. Maybe she shouldn't have said anything, but obviously you weren't going to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:16 PM
I had already done what she had and it wasn't working but fuck her, it's not her business, My DD was going to be punished for not listening when I did get her out but that bitch didn't know shit of the situation and stepped in? no no no

Quoting Anonymous:

She just did what you should have. Maybe she shouldn't have said anything, but obviously you weren't going to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:17 PM
2 moms liked this
You be the mother next time so a stranger does not have to do it for you.
Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:20 PM
2 moms liked this
To be honest, she was out of line saying something like that to your dd, but she said what you should have. At 3 years old, she should know to get out of the water when told to do so. Obviously she knows she doesn't have to do what you tell her. She sounds like a brat. Maybe if you step up and start sternly parenting your children, other moms won't feel the need to do it for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Then next time, step up to the plate be a parent, and don't make it so a stranger has to step in. End of story.

Quoting Anonymous: I had already done what she had and it wasn't working but fuck her, it's not her business, My DD was going to be punished for not listening when I did get her out but that bitch didn't know shit of the situation and stepped in? no no no
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:23 PM
She didn't HAVE to do anything. It wasn't even out of control at this point. I was letting her play still and was in the process of having my DH come to either take my 1 yr old so I could handle it or so he could handle it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then next time, step up to the plate be a parent, and don't make it so a stranger has to step in. End of story.

Quoting Anonymous: I had already done what she had and it wasn't working but fuck her, it's not her business, My DD was going to be punished for not listening when I did get her out but that bitch didn't know shit of the situation and stepped in? no no no

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
You're in a public place , if your dd was drowning would you want someone to help her or should they mind their own business and let her die

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)