Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you believe "it takes a village"?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM
  • 138 Replies
4 moms liked this

Personally, I do not.  I am a very independant person and really don't agree with the whole it takes a village thing.  I really would prefer people minded their own business when it comes to my kid.  

Particuarly people I don't know well.

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catcameback
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:44 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:44 PM
12 moms liked this

The village of old yes, the current village hell no it's full of victims and idiots .

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:45 PM
I'm with you. I hate that saying.
catcameback
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:45 PM

lol good point

Quoting Anonymous:

The village of old yes, the current village hell no it's full of victims and idiots .

Heisenberg
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:45 PM
15 moms liked this

I do. Where I grew up, everyone knew everyone. You behaved, because if you didn't someone was going to tell your mother. I also think that sometimes I don't see a situation clearly because I'm too close to it. I'm fortunate to have my sisters, they are my village. 

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I used to, but now I won't even look at kids at the store any more, I won't speak to them or wave, all thanks to CM, I really don't want some crazy woman going ape-shit for speaking to her precious. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:47 PM
4 moms liked this
I think that it's an antiquated way of thinking. It is based on everyone having the same, values, religion and culture. Since we are a melting pot it no longer applies.
liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it does in a sense.  It's ni toce have support for those you love as  you raise your children.  When you need someone to vent to, or advice.

Do I want someone stepping in and diciplining my child when I am handling it (of if they feel I am not) not one bit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, but mainly because kids need other experiences. Need to learn to respect others, elders, etc until given a reason not to. One person can't know everything, so with others helping you get different ideas perspectives, etc. a mom may still know her child best, but a second opinion never hurts.
cybcm
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:48 PM

The village will always have an effect, whether that be positive or negative, personally, I like to make sure my children are exposed to the positive influences in our village when they are young.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN