Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So down

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Today was such a tiring and painful day for my ds and for me and dh. My ds randomly just started running in the living room between the couch and table and his foot some how slipped as he ran and he slammed his chin on the table. I freaked out as I saw this from the kitchen and ran to him, thinking it was just a hard fall, I look under his chin and he's freiken bleeding. I lay him on the bed and I clean it up and it was a deep cut which needed stitches for sure. He was bleeding and I applied pressure to it with napkins and cleaned it up with wipes. I yelled at my dh to get the bacitracin ointment and a band aid. I was freaking out and was so sorry for my ds. He got stitched up at the ER and as my dh and I held him down so they could do the stitches he was crying hysterically and I couldn't take hearing him cry so badly and seeing the stitches I cried on his lap. I was so angry he got hurt and felt so sad too for ds. It's just crazy how three year olds get hurt so randomly. I am just so down seeing him going through this. I'm Sorry this is a long post, I needed someone to talk to. So, has your toddler ever needed stitches or got hurt from a fall? :*-(
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:57 PM
My 5 yr old tripped running through a door on Halloween and fell into the kitchen cabinets and broke her nose. It broke my heart in about a million pieces.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:58 PM
bump
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Yes. DH has to take them in because I can't handle them crying and them saying 'mommy help me' Nope, can't do it. Breaks my heart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:59 PM
When my son was 3 he fell in a sandbox that unluckily enough had broken plastic in it , slit his neck open i freaked lol
stacy8606
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:01 PM
It is so sad when they get hurt! I hope he is feeling better soon- and you too!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:01 PM
yes, he said that to me and he said "pain", I don't even know how I was able to take that I started crying.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Yes. DH has to take them in because I can't handle them crying and them saying 'mommy help me' Nope, can't do it. Breaks my heart.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Nope.

But I have a girly girl....lol.

It happens, Momma. He won't remember any of it.

Cheer up!
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope!
That kills me!

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:04 PM
It's going to be ok:) it won't be his last.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
richjess82
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:05 PM

On my 25th birthday my oldest ds was jumping off a chair at my inlaws and fell and busted his head wide open.  Has to get it glued back together and he still has the scar.  I knew head wounds bled more but seeing all that blood when I came to get him scared the bejeezus out of me.  Bad day all around.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)