Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

kid safe hair dye

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
My daughters are 11 and 9 they are always bugging me about dying their hair. I bought the chalkbut I don't like it. It looks greasy and they don't like that it only last a day. Is there something safe for kids that last a week or 2? Without distroying their hair.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:57 PM
My mom wouldn't let me color my hair til I was 13yro. She let me use one of those semi permanents, that claim they only last 24 washes. They definitely lasted longer!
firefly
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this

You can try Manic Panic:  just don't bleach their hair beforehand.  It's semi-permanent and washes out over time.  If you apply it to unbleached hair it'll come out more as a cast of color.

I warn you:  any shade of orange or red WILL NOT wash out as readily.  They tend to overstay their welcome, in fact.

skittleshawk
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:58 PM

manic panic 

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Manic Panic

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Get some hair extension clips.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Manic panic or google how to dye hair with koolaid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Manic Panic and Splat are both semi-permanent and won't damage the hair if you don't bleach it first.
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:05 PM

If your using colors that aren't natural and you aren't bleaching then you can use almost anything. Manic Panic or Punky there's another I forget the name most of them say all natural on them and actually really condition the hair! Wash their hair first with conditioner wash out and dry completely. Should help it not stay at long. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Yeah I have been telling them no but I figured spring break is coming up and they have been really begging me lately. I think it's because I started to dye my hair. They are just little mes. I'm so glad my youngest isn't into that age yet.

Quoting Chris030406: My mom wouldn't let me color my hair til I was 13yro. She let me use one of those semi permanents, that claim they only last 24 washes. They definitely lasted longer!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:29 PM
I don't like the idea of dye at all that's why I want something that is safe and kid friendly. Id never do non natural colors.

Quoting rosemagic01:

If your using colors that aren't natural and you aren't bleaching then you can use almost anything. Manic Panic or Punky there's another I forget the name most of them say all natural on them and actually really condition the hair! Wash their hair first with conditioner wash out and dry completely. Should help it not stay at long. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)