Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The difference between true christianity and religion

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:39 PM
  • 96 Replies
5 moms liked this

this is a powerful video and it shows what we as christians are truly called to be and do. We are not perfect, and we make mistakes, but we should always strive to show the love of God. That does not mean we agree with sin, but rather that we show God's love regardless. For we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. 

Im not posting this to start a war, but to show to those that follow religion what damage is done by that, and to show to those that see christianity as only religion that there is a difference. 

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry you have such a closed mind.

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:41 PM

huh?? how do i have a closed mind?

Quoting shivasgirl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Prosthelytizer!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Religion is man made.
BibliophileMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:44 PM
I'm trying to figure out where you got that...

Quoting shivasgirl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Not going to watch... Flabbergasted that some think their religion is "more than" a religion to anyone but themselves.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:45 PM
I love the video. Watched it a few months ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
the thing is you really cant separate religion and Christianity .it is what it is .however you can pick and choose what parts to follow what parts to ignore.

I commend those that concentrate on the more loving aspects of the religion .but it is still a religion .
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:52 PM
5 moms liked this
To me there is a huge difference.. Religion is what I grew up in. An abusive father who got up to preach on Sunday, but beat us on Saturday night. A mother that turned a blind eye to me being molested because it wouldn't be good for anyone to know I had been tainted.
Religion is bondage, shame, and condemnation. Jesus, true Christianity, is freedom. It's a love beyond measure and grace that covers all my sins, not shames me for making them.

Quoting Anonymous: the thing is you really cant separate religion and Christianity .it is what it is .however you can pick and choose what parts to follow what parts to ignore.

I commend those that concentrate on the more loving aspects of the religion .but it is still a religion .
Kaminoyousha
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Amen

Quoting Cbreland07: To me there is a huge difference.. Religion is what I grew up in. An abusive father who got up to preach on Sunday, but beat us on Saturday night. A mother that turned a blind eye to me being molested because it wouldn't be good for anyone to know I had been tainted.
Religion is bondage, shame, and condemnation. Jesus, true Christianity, is freedom. It's a love beyond measure and grace that covers all my sins, not shames me for making them.

Quoting Anonymous: the thing is you really cant separate religion and Christianity .it is what it is .however you can pick and choose what parts to follow what parts to ignore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)