Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's not a service animal.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
4 moms liked this
A cat is not service animal. Cats are not trained to perform a task. They are only companion animals. Companion animals do not have the same rights as service animals.

Just because you went to some website to buy an Id tag, doesn't mean it's a service animal.

Just saying.

http://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
That's not true a service animal can be a animal that's needed for mental health. Lol sounds crazy but it is possible. Also animals used for therapy can be service animals. Like the cat they bring to see sick children or the elderly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:04 AM
You might want to tell the people at cci that. Since the experts there don't know.

Quoting Anonymous: That's not true a service animal can be a animal that's needed for mental health. Lol sounds crazy but it is possible. Also animals used for therapy can be service animals. Like the cat they bring to see sick children or the elderly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:08 AM
True. Legally, according to the ADA only dogs that perform certain service tasks for people with disabilities are deemed 'service animals' and have all the rights that title implies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous: True. Legally, according to the ADA only dogs that perform certain service tasks for people with disabilities are deemed 'service animals' and have all the rights that title implies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Bump
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

What about a horny toad? I need one to function so it needs to sit on the table at the restaurant.

Quoting Anonymous: That's not true a service animal can be a animal that's needed for mental health. Lol sounds crazy but it is possible. Also animals used for therapy can be service animals. Like the cat they bring to see sick children or the elderly.

richjess82
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I had a guy try to tell me once that the parrot on his shoulder was his seeing eye bird.  It crapped all over him and the floor.  Icky.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Lol ewwww

Quoting richjess82:

I had a guy try to tell me once that the parrot on his shoulder was his seeing eye bird.  It crapped all over him and the floor.  Icky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)