Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

IDGAF what other people have in their grocery carts. Why do you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies

I've been reading rants and believe it or not, they weren't on Cafemom. These people are all commenting that they check out other people's grocery carts all the time and judge what they are buying. I don't get it? I don't care what other people are buying. I never look at someone else's cart. I don't get it? What is the big deal? Why do so many people care? I find it so weird. Please explain it to me the fascination with this.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:20 AM
3 moms liked this

because I'm a bored, lazy housewife with nothing better to do than judge other people. It's not rocket science.

Fordprefect
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:20 AM
7 moms liked this

No idea. The only time I notice is when someone has an entire cart of the same thing, like a hundred rolls of paper towels or 20 cases of soda. It catches my eye and I think "this is who all those math problems were talking about". I don't actually care though.

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:21 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't ever pay attention to what's in other peoples carts.

But, I do care what's bought with tax payers money. I am all for WIC, it is regulated to necessities and healthy foods. I don't think food stamps should be a free for all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Well politicians are busy sticking their noses into our diets so it's trendy.

cybcm
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this

When there is a long line at the checkout I play a game called "Try to make 20 different meals out of what the person in front of me has in their cart"

Cures boredom and I've come up with some really awesome new dishes that way.

bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I sometimes check out carts, they have to grab my attention though. Usually when it has a lot of one type of item. I will wonder why? I don't ask, don't care beyond the curiosity.

FelineTopic
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Those walmart cashiers move as if they are barely living, so what else am I going to do while I'm standing in line, especially if there isn't anything interesting in the Enquirer....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol, I just said almost the same thing :)

Quoting Fordprefect:

No idea. The only time I notice is when someone has an entire cart of the same thing, like a hundred rolls of paper towels or 20 cases of soda. It catches my eye and I think "this is who all those math problems were talking about". I don't actually care though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Why should it matter to you what they're eating though? They're going to spend the money regardless.

Quoting RMB2011: I don't ever pay attention to what's in other peoples carts. But, I do care what's bought with tax payers money. I am all for WIC, it is regulated to necessities and healthy foods. I don't think food stamps should be a free for all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Working as a cashier at Walmart is rough.  They have to deal with all the Walmart shoppers :P

Quoting FelineTopic: Those walmart cashiers move as if they are barely living, so what else am I going to do while I'm standing in line, especially if there isn't anything interesting in the Enquirer....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN