Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the scariest words ever uttered

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

You have cancer.

I am in shock. I am numb. I am 26 years old, the mother of one sweet four month old son named Spencer Reese and the wife of my high school sweetheart Jonathan. I knew cancer ran in my family, my grandmother Judith passed away when she was 65 from complicated that were a direct result of her breast cancer. My Aunt Kenya passed away in 2005 when she was 45, she had been diagnosed with colon cancer it progressed so quickly that she died only eight weeks later. So when I started getting some weird symptoms most bleeding when I was no supposed to be on my cycle, bloating that made me look several months pregnant and pain during intercourse I made an appointment with my GYN.

I was called yesterday at 4:45pm by my GYN who asked me to come to her office with a "support person" at 7:30 this morning, I was the first patient of the day. I never in a million years expected to hear "you have uterine cancer". I burst into tears, I threw up and then I made a promise to myself that I would NOT let this disease kill me and take me from my child. I have Stage 2 Uterine Cancer. The tumor has spread from the uterus (and the lining of the uterus) to my cervix. I have an appointment with a oncologist who specialized in gynecological cancers for Tuesday at 9am and I have already been informed I will be having a complete hysterectomy.

I dont know what this road has in store for me. I do know that right now my main selfish stupid beyond all reason thought is 'now I can't Spencer a sibling'. How stupid is that. I have cancer. I could die. Yet my only focus at this second is how I wont be able to give my son a sister/brother.

Thank you for reading my rant.

Also. Please do not hesitate to go to your GYN with any strange symptoms. They have heard it all, have probably looked at it all. They are there to help you and it might just save your life. Get the damn pap no matter how much it makes you squirm.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:01 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:02 AM

BUMP!

.Skittles.
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:02 AM

I am so sorry *Hugs* Be strong, Mama. I'm here if you ever need a friend to talk to. 

SithMom71
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:02 AM
Hugs! I am so sorry!
sierra5625
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:04 AM
I cant imagine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Oh honey :( Im so sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Quoting .Skittles.:

I am so sorry *Hugs* Be strong, Mama. I'm here if you ever need a friend to talk to. 

It's a very strange feeling. My husband takes photos of everything and he snapped a picture of me this morning at 6am when I was about to go on a short run before heading to the doctor. He took aother one this afternoon. He said you can see the difference ... the before "c" word and after.

I wish my mama was alive so I could speak to her about this. I feel adrift without her presence

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry this is happening. YOU will BEAT THIS.

Prayers and healing thoughts coming  your way

Michelle479
by Mother Rabbit on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:05 AM
I am so sorry.
DarksMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:06 AM
But, you thought of your son first. That is what will keep you here for him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN