Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would You Ever?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM
  • 40 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you get rid of facebook?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

Ditch Facebook?

I did about five months ago.  I got sick of privacy issues and stupid FB drama. 

And now when someone remembers my birthday or sends me a pic of their kids or vacation, it makes me feel special.  They really wanted to share that moment with me, rather than just throwing it up on their wall to be consumed by everyone. 

So, would you ever ditch FB totally?

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:47 AM
2 moms liked this
I have never had a Facebook. I don't feel like I am missing out on anything.
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:48 AM
No, it's really how I keep up with out of town family and friends. And plan group events.
I've never had any drama, so I find it very useful
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:48 AM
No, but I don't really have drama on Facebook
redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:48 AM
I enjoy the info, not so much the family and friends. I probably wouldn't delete but I wouldn't go crazy if it went away.
suzanneyea
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:50 AM

No, my friends and I plan all our stuff there.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:51 AM

No. We have family all over the country and all over the world. Facebook is how we share pictures and stay in touch with everyone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:52 AM
I have no reason to. It doesn't bother me I guess is what I mean. The people close enough to worry about don't need a FB reminder. I'm confident on that. The people who know otherwise? I probably need a reminder for them as well. They could ignore the notification but they take a moment out to wish you well. Take it :)

And there's not much drama.
imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:52 AM

I see no reason too. I've been on facebook for about 4 years and I have not once encountered facebook drama. 

And I don't have my birthday on there.

Texor
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:52 AM

That's nice that you never had drama. 

It always seemed like the most mundane things could incite drama among my friends.  It was never worth it. 

Now, let me say that I am grateful that I had it, as that's where I reconnected with DH (we'd known each other 20 years prior).

Quoting Bubbie0809: No, it's really how I keep up with out of town family and friends. And plan group events. I've never had any drama, so I find it very useful

Texor
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:53 AM

I have family all over as well and we have always used email to share that stuff.  A lot of extended family is not even on FB, so we never used it that way. 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

No. We have family all over the country and all over the world. Facebook is how we share pictures and stay in touch with everyone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN