Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They are not Adults!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM
  • 30 Replies
2 moms liked this
This always makes me crazy, when a child reaches twelve or thirteen some parents act as if they are adults now. We should allow them to make all their own decisions. Let them try smoking, dating, sex. We cant stop them they will do it anyway. If you think they dont you must be crazy they are sneaking behind your back ect. Thats bull while they need to learn to be responsible for themselves they are still just kids they need guidenceyou arent done, it isn't time for mommy to have me time. Step up and parent they will hate you from time to time thats how you know your doing a good job.
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momaof8
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:01 AM
3 moms liked this
I can't imagine letting a 12 or 13 year old try any of those things. My son can do what he wants when he is 18.
myshoes
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:02 AM
All 4 of my kids are/were 18 during their senior year. We say they can do what they want when they are 1. Off of our insurance AND 2. Out if our house.

Quoting Anonymous: I can't imagine letting a 12 or 13 year old try any of those things. My son can do what he wants when he is 18.
rock.starPWR
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:04 AM
I agree. That goes the other way to though. Our neighbor weighs her young teens down with responsibilities and chores and treats them like adults. I fully believe in teaching kids responsibility, but 12 and 13 does not an adult make, in any way. No sex, but they also shouldn't be cooking dinner every day and responsible for the all the laundry in the house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:05 AM
21 year olds are still just kids, so yes 13 year olds are definitely still kids.
Texor
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:05 AM

I don't know ANYONE who thinks a 13 yr old is an adult.

mommyoflittles
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:06 AM

This is why we get pregnant teens

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:07 AM
I agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:07 AM

I've never met anyone that tells their 12yo to have sex or smoke. Or doesn't care if they do.

We must wildly different kinds of people. 

Lindsey1126
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:09 AM
I Agree!

Quoting myshoes: All 4 of my kids are/were 18 during their senior year. We say they can do what they want when they are 1. Off of our insurance AND 2. Out if our house.

Quoting Anonymous: I can't imagine letting a 12 or 13 year old try any of those things. My son can do what he wants when he is 18.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)