Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

real parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
Where are they? No one wants to discipline their kids, let then be disrespectful and people say you should talk to them. I'm confused, where did discipline go? You can't coddle (sp) them.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoftwogirl55
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Oh ffs!
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:54 AM

I don't coddle my child...but I also don't spank.

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. Though just bc we spank and use different types of punishment doesnt mean other moms arent real parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:55 AM
I want meaning for spanking to be like that i meant discipline

Quoting EvaTheDiva2: Agreed. Though just bc we spank and use different types of punishment doesnt mean other moms arent real parents.
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:55 AM
The fact that I will spank sometimes isn't what makes me a real parent.
EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I think people are affraid to these days. Everything is abuse. Its ridiculous. I dont care where im at. If my kids are acting a fool im gonna bust their ass.

Quoting Anonymous: I want meaning for spanking to be like that i meant discipline

Quoting EvaTheDiva2: Agreed. Though just bc we spank and use different types of punishment doesnt mean other moms arent real parents.
dominic062407
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I spank mine if what theyre doing is dangerous to themselves or someone.else.they eat every meal at the table with me, ask to be excused before getting up. They only have electronics in the mornings on the weekends, then its outside or using their imagination for the rest of the day.if they get ten stars, they get to go somewhere fun, zoo, museum,etc.i talk to them more than i probably should.they.are allowed to make their own choices,but are aware every choice comes with.consequences.my oldest is six and can make us breakfast.i am a real parent.oh and they.are held, loved, and i tell them i.love them about sixty times.a day
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:58 AM
I don't spank, I am too smart for that. I do discipline and my kids are all A students with lots of friends and are adored by their teachers.

The problem is not parents who do not spank, but those who do nothing to teach their children how to behave. The ones who are too lazy to do anything or too immature to parent are the problem.
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

There are rules and there is discipline in my house.  DH and I are our children's PARENTS, not their friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Oh...just oh...

Quoting EvaTheDiva2: I think people are affraid to these days. Everything is abuse. Its ridiculous. I dont care where im at. If my kids are acting a fool im gonna bust their ass.

Quoting Anonymous: I want meaning for spanking to be like that i meant discipline

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN