Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She asked me to stop being his friend because she thinks we're sleeping together.... (UPDATE) Another update, Yet another one

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 370 Replies
4 moms liked this

I have a guy friend, Kyle, we've been friends since birth, our parents are best friends. He is my best friend. We do have a strange relationship, we have slept together countless times, WHEN WE WERE BOTH SINGLE! I would never dream of doing anything inappropriate while he's in a relationship with somebody else. 

Well he came over to my house last night, and stayed, we had a few drinks, he didn't feel safe to drive so he crashed at my place... No big deal. Well he's still sleeping on my couch when I get a text from his new girlfriend asking me to back off... 

I feel like, no, if he cared that much about the relationship with this girl he would say something to me. You know? I'm going to talk to him when he wakes up about it. If he really feels for this chick then he should back up from me. If not, then he needs to tell her to either deal or leave. I don't want to loose my best friend because some girl is insecure. 

What should I say to him? Would you end a life long friendship over a girl that's only been around a few months (3 to be exact)

Update:::

So when he woke up I told him what his girlfriend said, he laughed and said "well there goes another one" I asked him why and he said because I was the most important... I told him that's not how it should be, he said he couldn't help how he felt. I asked him if he was in love with me, and he said yes. So I told him that he needed to break up with her and that he needed to take a break from me... He looked sad and told me he didn't want to loose me over this, that he would rather be my friend than nothing at, I really didn't know what to say so I told him to call me after he talked to Rene.

NEW UPDATE

So I called him back after I missed his call and told him that I did not have romantic feelings for him because we do not have a romantic relationship, that we needed to move on from each other so he could get over me. He told me that that there was no way he would ever get over me, he's loved me since he was 6... -_- I said then our friendship is over. He told me that he is perfect for me and that I am perfect for him. I told him no we are not because I don't want to be with a friend and just have sex. I want a real relationship and we can not have that together. He said he would prove that he could be who I want... 

So we'll see how it goes. I told him we are no longer going to be seeing each other as much and that we need to back away from each other.. It's time to move on. So No where in any of that did I "string him along" I told him that I would not be returning his phone calls, texts or facebook messages until he is over me.

Newest update.

I called him and told him that I would give him a chance, so we're going out tonight. We'll see what happens!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grnhsegoddess
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:03 AM
3 moms liked this
If she's that needy she won't last long. Don't worry about it :)
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:04 AM
37 moms liked this
The whole situation is totally inappropriate. You used to fuck him and now he's passed out on your couch. Do you think any girlfriend would be okay with that???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:05 AM

I can't help it, this isn't the first girl to cause trouble over our relationship.. Every time he's picked me, but I know someday there will be a girl he wants to keep... Maybe I should set up some boundaries so we can always be friends.

Quoting grnhsegoddess: If she's that needy she won't last long. Don't worry about it :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:05 AM

She doesn't know we have ever had sex.

And I would be, because I wouldn't date somebody I didn't trust.

Quoting owl0210: The whole situation is totally inappropriate. You used to fuck him and now he's passed out on your couch. Do you think any girlfriend would be okay with that???

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:06 AM

I'd just tell him about the phone call and leave it at that. No matter what though...can you not see why she is suspicious? I would be, if I were her.

lunyuny
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Good idea talk to him
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:07 AM

I can see why, but if she thinks being around me will make him cheat then she needs to leave anyways, who wants to be with a potential cheater? I don't see how getting rid of me would fix that, if he wants to cheat, he will.

Quoting The_Doodle:

I'd just tell him about the phone call and leave it at that. No matter what though...can you not see why she is suspicious? I would be, if I were her.

Momsold
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:07 AM

If she feels the need to tell him what to do, he'll take care of her himself.  Don't get involved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:09 AM

I know! Who tries tro tell somebody they are newly dating who they can and can't see... Weird.

Quoting Momsold:

If she feels the need to tell him what to do, he'll take care of her himself.  Don't get involved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
She can trust him without trusting you. If you came on strong to him while he was drunk do you really think he'd put up much resistance. Drunk guy sees someone he has slept with previously who is begging him to bonk her he's going to dip his wick even if he's a monk.

Quoting Anonymous:

She doesn't know we have ever had sex.

And I would be, because I wouldn't date somebody I didn't trust.

Quoting owl0210: The whole situation is totally inappropriate. You used to fuck him and now he's passed out on your couch. Do you think any girlfriend would be okay with that???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)