Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you think the "If it does not affect me it does not concern me attitude is ruining society?"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Poll

Question: do you think the "If it does not affect me it does not concern me attitude is ruining society?" I am saying showing concern or compassion not making rules or trying to control.

Options:

yes

no

a little bit

a lot

kida

not at all

it plays a part in the problems of society

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:15 AM

I think it is one of the major things wrong with society today.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:17 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Sometimes you have to worry more about you and less about everyone else. You can't spend your life trying to fix everyone else or everything.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I actually think lots of people are too focused on controlling aspects of people's lives that they have no business controlling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:20 AM

but there are also times to put yourself aside and help others. to not care AT ALL if lets say something major is happening that could affect a large group of people in a very negitive way and not show any concern at all is messed up. 

Quoting Anonymous: Sometimes you have to worry more about you and less about everyone else. You can't spend your life trying to fix everyone else or everything.

Runner36
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I think it depends on the topic.  Example:  Gay marriage...doesn't affect me, I am not going to get all up in arms about it...to each their own.  Welfare...I don't use it and don't believe in it...while it doesn't affect me in terms of using it, it does affect me in the bigger picture...higher taxes, taking money away from other programs, etc.

two4one
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:22 AM

You are the same OP from the touching post, trying to prove a point, aren't you?

catcameback
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:22 AM

No, I think minding your own business is a good thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:22 AM

i am not saying controling I am saying showing concern. If people still had the attitude of we should not help people that don't directly affect us slavery would still be legal, women would still basicly be slaves. To me it is our job to stand up for injustice or when some kind of major trama happens.

Quoting The_Doodle:

I actually think lots of people are too focused on controlling aspects of people's lives that they have no business controlling.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Lmao. A spin off all because I said I don't care. You're certainly on a roll this morning op.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)