Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

suicide is very selfish!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:33 AM
  • 14 Replies
Unless the person is suffering from a long running painful injury like a cancer. It is one of the most selfish acts a human can do!
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:34 AM
I agree
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Suicide is very sad.

Mashnut3161
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:35 AM

it is selfish and it's not. It's both.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I disagree

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Must be sad to be you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
texasgirl77
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Like I said on the other post about this a couple days ago, it can be very selfish, or the person can actually be doing what they think of as the least selfish thing to do. If a person feels like the world is better without them, that their children or spouse would be better off without them, or that they would be less of a burden to someone by not being there, that is not selfish. Is it the right thing to do? Of course not. But it's not always about being selfish.
momaof8
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Quoting Raeann11:

I disagree

My brother comitted suicide and he hung himself outside my niece and nephews bedroom window from their brand new swingset they were just 5 and 6. He left my brother to find him cut him down tryto revive him. All the while trying to protect his young kids from seeing it. Siucide is very selfish they never think about those left in their wake.
MMIC
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:45 AM
So is spending all your time on cm
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:45 AM
No it isn't. Have some compassion. Imagine how much sadness you would have to feel to really go through with it.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:47 AM

We can agree to disagree. Just because I feel it's not does not make what I feel wrong and I'm not tell you, you are wrong.  We all feel differently about it. You don't have to explain a thing why you feel it is. I don't have to explain why I don't. We just feel differently about it.

Quoting momaof8:
Quoting Raeann11:

I disagree

My brother comitted suicide and he hung himself outside my niece and nephews bedroom window from their brand new swingset they were just 5 and 6. He left my brother to find him cut him down tryto revive him. All the while trying to protect his young kids from seeing it. Siucide is very selfish they never think about those left in their wake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)