Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breastfeeding and sex

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies
I have a friend who was telling me a story about her sex life. We both have newborns, and we both breastfeed. My daughter won't sleep long enough without laying beside me for me and SO to have any sort of sexual contact. My friend told me that if their baby wakes up and wants to eat she nurses her baby and finishes her business at the same time. I feel like this is child abuse. I don't know what to say to her or if I should report that?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this
You say nothing because it is not child abuse. Unless the child is cognizant of what is going on or being involved (eww), it is not abuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:41 AM
So it's not abusive if the mother is having sex while holding or nursing their child? It just sounds so wrong.

Quoting Anonymous: You say nothing because it is not child abuse. Unless the child is cognizant of what is going on or being involved (eww), it is not abuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:42 AM
You said that she finishes after nursing.
caustinb
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Maybe you misunderstood? I can't imagine holding a baby while having sex. That's just stupid.
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:43 AM
I think it's gross and wrong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:43 AM
I will fix it, she's nursing while having sex.

Quoting Anonymous: You said that she finishes after nursing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM
That's disgusting. I'd talk to her and if she didn't understand why it was wrong, maybe then include outside influence like cps. If they can't wait 20 minutes for sex, they have issues worse than what they're already doing.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM
No. It's not something I'd do but it's not abuse.

Quoting Anonymous: So it's not abusive if the mother is having sex while holding or nursing their child? It just sounds so wrong.

Quoting Anonymous: You say nothing because it is not child abuse. Unless the child is cognizant of what is going on or being involved (eww), it is not abuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM
That's what I think also. It makes me sick.

Quoting Anonymous: That's disgusting. I'd talk to her and if she didn't understand why it was wrong, maybe then include outside influence like cps. If they can't wait 20 minutes for sex, they have issues worse than what they're already doing.
gumbeme06
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM
I don't believe you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)