Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breastfeeding is overrated!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 364 Replies
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/breastfeeding-just-might-be-overrated--study-finds-184819287.html
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM
9 moms liked this
The whole breastfeeding/formula debate is ridiculous. According to studies the benefits of breastfeeding are minimal at best. Okay great you breastfed but what happens when your child grows up and eats processed food that has the same if not worse ingredients as formula?

doulala
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:09 AM
6 moms liked this

Quoting owl0210: The whole breastfeeding/formula debate is ridiculous. According to studies the benefits of breastfeeding are minimal at best. Okay great you breastfed but what happens when your child grows up and eats processed food that has the same if not worse ingredients as formula?

I wouldn't want my child to have processed foods during critical growth.

(or ever, lol)

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:11 AM
11 moms liked this
As a mom who both formula and breastfed I can tell you that the benefits of breastfeeding aren't minimal.

Quoting owl0210: The whole breastfeeding/formula debate is ridiculous. According to studies the benefits of breastfeeding are minimal at best. Okay great you breastfed but what happens when your child grows up and eats processed food that has the same if not worse ingredients as formula?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Exactly!

Yeah, boobs are there to feed babies. However, that doesn't mean the milk we make is Gold. It all depends on the health of the Mother. It's interesting that this study shows breast fed babies are more likely to get Asthma, too.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Okay could you tell me the benefits based on research? I'm not being snarky.

Quoting bowribbonmama: As a mom who both formula and breastfed I can tell you that the benefits of breastfeeding aren't minimal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Examples?

Quoting bowribbonmama: As a mom who both formula and breastfed I can tell you that the benefits of breastfeeding aren't minimal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Your opinion is overrated.
polkaspots
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM
7 moms liked this
Breastfeeding is the way babies are supposed to be fed. End of story. I'm not saying it's amazing, I'm saying it's normal. Just like bananas and broccoli. That's what we're supposed to eat.
I lie, bananas are fucking amazing. I have a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:15 AM
4 moms liked this
I have done both and there isn't any difference in my bf child and my formula fed child.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
She sounds like someone who couldn't breastfeed, lol.
Even that article lists other recent studies that have found the opposite.

Also, breastfeeding doesn't have any benefits. It's just normal. It only seems like there are benefits because formula is sub par.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)