Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Her first detention and I dont think she should be in detention....**UPDATE***

DD has never been a trouble maker. she is non violent, not agressive at all (actually tends to be taken advantage of, and lets the kids get aggressive and violent with her with no retaliation) she usually responds to bullying and/or anger by having an anxiety attack and running away. 

she had a poster project this week, and she was bringing it to class yesterday, it was rolled up and she was trying to get it into class. she accidentally turned around and bumped another kid with the poster. now, its not a big giant one, its not heavy. its basically paper. but this kid threw a huge fit about it, but when the teacher talked to DD about it, and DD tried to say it was an accident and she said sorry, the teacher said 'we dont hurt other students, you are going to detention' 

I feel torn between momma bear going up to the school and demanding to know whats going on with this teacher (this isnt the first time DD tried to talk to her and the teacher blew her off) 

but also torn between cutting the cord and letting DD learn the realities of the world, that life is not always fair, and sometimes shit happens. 

what do you think??? 

ok so i talked to the teacher after school today. 

and my non violent, non agressive, usually bullied, little doormat of a girl, is aparently all of a sudden punching and kicking and pushing all the kids. 

she has been with this teacher for 3 weeks now. and this is the first time i have EVER heard of her being physical! ever, in any grade, by any teacher!

But the teacher says she always makes sure there is witnesses so that it is not a he said she said. 

I went to the office and have set up an IEP meeting for monday morning. 

Because there are 2 possibilities going through my mind. 

either A, DD is indeed becoming agressive and i need to know WHY, and WHAT is going on in that classroom to make her suddenly agressive and violent. 

or B, it is indeed an accident when she bumps into someone or turns around too fast (which is what she told me, which i dont really doubt because she is a clumsy little thing) and the kids all back eachother up and say 'oh yeah she pushed on purpose!!'

That happened to me as a child. one kid would make some shit up, and all the other kids would back them up. 

i was the weird kid nobody liked. my daughter is also the weird kid, though im thankful she has a few friends. 

but i will NOT just let those brats treat her like this. 

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Replies (41-50):
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:23 AM

We lived in washington before. and i am regretting coming back here to phoenix. my mom is sick with cancer, and keeps getting sicker and sicker, and we wanted to be here for her. but the schools were SO SO SO SO SO MUCH better there!!!! she was doing so great!! :( i feel like shit for taking that away from her now :( 

Quoting NiceMom06: Something is not right. She could just be sick of everyone treating her bad. Or the kids are lying.... I would ask for a different teacher, why has she only had this teacher for three weeks?

NiceMom06
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:30 AM
Don't say that, you did what you thought was best. I'm so sorry about your mom.......

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

We lived in washington before. and i am regretting coming back here to phoenix. my mom is sick with cancer, and keeps getting sicker and sicker, and we wanted to be here for her. but the schools were SO SO SO SO SO MUCH better there!!!! she was doing so great!! :( i feel like shit for taking that away from her now :( 

Quoting NiceMom06: Something is not right.
She could just be sick of everyone treating her bad.
Or the kids are lying....
I would ask for a different teacher, why has she only had this teacher for three weeks?

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Thanks. they think she can come home sometime next week. the cancer came back in a tumor that is blocking her intestines, so she isnt pooping at all, they have her on so many tubes its insane. 

Quoting NiceMom06: Don't say that, you did what you thought was best. I'm so sorry about your mom.......
Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

Quoting NiceMom06: Something is not right. She could just be sick of everyone treating her bad. Or the kids are lying.... I would ask for a different teacher, why has she only had this teacher for three weeks?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:47 AM
My son had a problem with his art teacher. My son has never in 7 years of school been in trouble for anything. He has straight a's and has been in honor roll every year. This new art teacher was on his ass because the kids at his table were fucking around, then one day he was erasing some cuss words off the table, the teacher saw and said that he wrote them and gave him detention. I called her and nicely explained that there is no way that he wrote it. I told her to ask the other teachers and staff if anyone thought my son could do that. The next day she apologized to my son.
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:02 AM

Oh no :( im glad the bitch apologiesed to him!! that is so messed up! 

Quoting Anonymous: My son had a problem with his art teacher. My son has never in 7 years of school been in trouble for anything. He has straight a's and has been in honor roll every year. This new art teacher was on his ass because the kids at his table were fucking around, then one day he was erasing some cuss words off the table, the teacher saw and said that he wrote them and gave him detention. I called her and nicely explained that there is no way that he wrote it. I told her to ask the other teachers and staff if anyone thought my son could do that. The next day she apologized to my son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:06 AM

Um, if the teacher is saying that she's been having issues, then you need to address it with your daughter, and put an end to her violent behavior. And keep in mind, what you see at home is NOT always what she's showing in school. As soon as the parents are not there, the behavior changes. I see it all the time.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:08 AM

No shit sherlock. 

Note how i went in TODAY. and we are having an IEP meeting ON MONDAY. 

Dont try to act like im doing nothing and trying to let my kid get away with whatever she wants. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Um, if the teacher is saying that she's been having issues, then you need to address it with your daughter, and put an end to her violent behavior. And keep in mind, what you see at home is NOT always what she's showing in school. As soon as the parents are not there, the behavior changes. I see it all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:08 AM

of course it isn't your snowflake's fault...how could she ever do anything wrong, ever?

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:11 AM

aww look at you pretending to be more than one anon. 

obviously you dont know how to read. so im going to just move on. have a good night. 

Quoting Anonymous:

of course it isn't your snowflake's fault...how could she ever do anything wrong, ever?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:16 AM

More than one anon? I did read...princess perfect can't do anything wrong...and everyone that says something negative about her is a brat...good luck with that!

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

aww look at you pretending to be more than one anon. 

obviously you dont know how to read. so im going to just move on. have a good night. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)