Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I actually heartless, or does someone agree with me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 150 Replies
16 moms liked this
Third world country's people are not our problem. I think it's awesome what some charities do for kids all around the world, but I really wish most of them would focus on our kids in this country.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladybugchick317
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Honestly I agree but the problem is even our kids here in the us I'm need are far better off than the kids in third world countries. Some don't even have clean water to drink let alone shelter or any of the other basic needs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM
10 moms liked this

I wish we all cared about people worldwide and didn't think our country was the most important group of people ever born. 

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:58 AM
6 moms liked this

We are all human and I think it is someones obligation to help another human if possible. If humans are being mistreated, it is our problem. The problems in our country also can not be compared to problems in other countries. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:58 AM
4 moms liked this
I just feel like if we stayed in our own country and minded our own business, there would be less war.

Quoting aandt1999:

I wish we all cared about people worldwide and didn't think our country was the most important group of people ever born. 

sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:59 AM
3 moms liked this
I disagree. (And I respect your point of view)

I have traveled and help build homes, water wells, give food to third world countries and I have sent what real poverty really looks like.

Those people need help too and if there are charities to help them, great! I think we should all help each other but of course, that's not always the case.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I agree.

One of my biggest passions is disaster relief. I will do what I can to help in any disaster whether is happens here in the USA or somewhere else in the world.

Quoting lenashark:

We are all human and I think it is someones obligation to help another human if possible. If humans are being mistreated, it is our problem.

"You start to look like what you believe" -Switchfoot

catcameback
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree our own countries need help, but if it is what matters to someone, why shouldn't they help?

The same could be said about animal charities ect.  I could be told, look to helping the children in Canada, but honestly, animal charities are closer to my heart and where I would like my charitablemoney to go to.  That's my choice.

Lorena
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree that we have our own problems here. It is great to help others but only when we are in a position to do so. Which is not now.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

We are all human beings. I think we should all ban together to make sure no child goes with out basic necessities like running water and food.

Photo: -Randi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)