Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do our schools just not care anymore

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What's going on in our schools now a days. Someone recently told me the schools can't do routine head checks or send kids home for lice. I looked it up to see how true it is. Yeah it's true, so they just don't care if the kids spread lice. With
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Replies (11-19):
ZoeCY
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Our school does random lice checks and sends kids home with lice...

JaneMarie80
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Same here, I pray to never in my life get them again.

Quoting Joie35: My daughter got live several years back and I was pissed. I mean granted I know it happens. But they were running rampant through her school and they let it get to epidemic proportions before anything was done. My daughter was 8 and blonde so I didn't catch it cuz she was washing her own hair by then and they blended in to her hair coloring bad. Getting rid of the fuckers was horrid.
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 6:52 PM
My kids school checks. Ive seen them do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabelle338
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Ours do checks at least once a month. I always get a note sayin they do not have it. My dd has gotten them once but I caught it at home.
Josie_P
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Same here.

Quoting ZoeCY:

Our school does random lice checks and sends kids home with lice...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 6:55 PM
I made a post about my dd getting lice at school. I agree, those shits are a mission to get rid of, and to top it off...I caught them too.

Quoting Joie35: My daughter got live several years back and I was pissed. I mean granted I know it happens. But they were running rampant through her school and they let it get to epidemic proportions before anything was done. My daughter was 8 and blonde so I didn't catch it cuz she was washing her own hair by then and they blended in to her hair coloring bad. Getting rid of the fuckers was horrid.
flprincessmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

My school district does not keep kids home 24 hours after they have been treated. They say it is due to funding. Every time a student is absent they loose $$$$, so even though it is HIGHLY contagious, they would rather them be in school.....This is just ONE of the reasons I home school....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:14 PM
I bleached my daughter and shaved my sons but I know a lot if other family's that keep having problems. We live in a small area

Quoting doulala:

How do you know?Parents should be checking/treating, cutting hair or wearing it up, etc. 

Quoting Anonymous: Well my problem is my son's school is infested with it and no one is doing anything about it

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Not here. If they see it, kids get sent home.
My poor friend...her daughter has brought it home 3 times! She is about to lose it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)