Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

See now THIS is why I am so anal about little brats touching my dogs!!! -Vent- -WARNING- -EDIT for the reading impaired- UPDATE 2

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:17 PM
  • 379 Replies
5 moms liked this

Obviously dogs are mentioned in this post. Don't like when I talk about dogs, then I advise you to hit ctrl+ the left arrow on your keyboard right about..... Now

I am seething mad. So I am not sure how to write this without pissing people off but oh well. 

I got a call today from one of my foster owners for one of my dogs. He called because some asshole was letting his kid scream and chase one of my dogs and he figured it would get ugly with that dog... Good call.. While on the phone with my foster I HEARD HIM SAY about 3 times "Hey man, could you get your kid? The dog doesn't like kids". Apparently the dickwad with the little _____<---insert word that would probably get me banned- couldn't control the little demon spawn. So what does  little dickwad Jr do? He SCREAMS at the dog, runs over and swats at the dog.  Next thing I heard through the phone was the kid screaming. But the dog didn't bite him...oh no.. The dog lunged and my foster managed to get between them. 

Okay. Kid isn't hurt. Dog is good. Everything is fine right? Everyone walks away happy, right? WRONG. 

Apparently little asshat didn't get enough. So he RUNS to the dog and kicks him as my foster is walking away.  I'm on the phone hearing all of this go down and I know to get in the car and get down there before the cops do. 

The kid now probably needs surgery to repair his face. And I'm probably getting sued. OH freaking JOY. Oh and the dog gets the extra bonus of the lethal injection. How wonderful. Wunderbar! Maravilloso!

I really fuckin hate brats. I swear if I had the money and a scientist I'd create a device that sends an electic shock through anyone who touches anyone else's property without the owner's permission. Whether it be a dog or a cellphone. Maybe getting electocuted a few times will teach the little hellspawns to keep their hands to themselves. 

I have to do a lot of paperwork so I might be back later. 

EDIT: For Fucks Sake some of you have reading comprehension skills less than that of a 3 year old.  And some of you are just here to create drama and twist things so let me write this out in plain English. 

1. The dog was ON A WALK so yes it was on a leash. IDK where you people got that the dog wasn't on a leash from

2 He CALLED me because I tell everyone to call me if there is a problem or potential problem with one one of my dogs. A little hellspawn chasing them through their walk and screaming is a PROBLEM.  If he hadn't called me, do tell who would have been able to act as a witness to the parent being told SEVERAL times to get his kid, so the dog could possibly be saved. No one. 

3. Once again. I don't get how some of you people got that my foster was standing still at any point in this. He was WALKING. So the dog was obviously removed. I even wrote in the OP "as my foster is walking away." WTF do you think WALKING AWAY is? Unless the kid can duplicate itself that would be REMOVING the dog.

Edit 2

The dog was not aggressive prior to this. In fact he was borderline perfect. He was good with other dogs, cats, and even my kids (who are 9, 10, and 13 -foster daughter-). He didn't care about anything. A bomb could have gone off and he would have been fine.  Also he was obedient as hell. His only problem was his fear of small children (which isn't a problem because I don't adopt to people with small children). I am gathering his evaluations and assessments since he's been with us along with messages from his foster owner concerning him. Hopefully we can save his life. But I believe he will be my last rescue dog (well him and the other ones we have). We are going to close up shop. Its getting too expensive and I'm not working. I am going to stick to my personal canines and keep up with our sporting schedule. 

Anyway. I'm not answering this post in the replies since it seems like all the questions are the same. Just look for edits. 

UPDATE:  We are going to meet BOTH of the kid's parents today to see if we can negotiate everything being dropped without court. I just got off the phone with the mom she didn't seem like she was out for blood but she seems upset. The kid is fine. He needed a few stitches in his lip and chin but as long as he doesn't pick at it, it shouldn't leave anything too noticable.  

UPDATE 2. The meeting with the parents went well. Mom was more mad at step dad (guy who was with the kid) than my foster or the dog. She just wanted to make sure the dog had all of his shots.  Anyway. Cooper is on a 10 day quarantine (going on 8 days now) and if he passes a few tests he should be free to go. 

Also Some more questions answered. 

When the incident happened they were on a walkway that cuts from one side of the block to the other. Its one of those "green streets" type things with some grass, some benches, and a fountain. There's one way in, and one way out depending on what side you walk from. 

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this
O.0
just off the little shits parents. That sucks.
cybcm
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:20 PM
25 moms liked this

I'm really horrified at how many people don't realise how important it is to teach their children how to interact with animals, regardless of whether they have their own or not.

fanciepantz
by Alyssa on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:21 PM
So if you and the foster knew the dog was aggressive why was it fostered out? Isn't that like dog fostering 101 temperament testing etc?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Was the dog on a leash, on the fosters property?? I mean, I would imagine you can get out of the lawsuit.
That's so sad. I hate when parents wont teach their kids to behave. If a dog lunged at my kid, provoked or not, we'd be high tailing it out of there! No way would I let my kid kick or antagonize a dog!
BobKitten13
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I have to agree with you. "Parents" now adays do not do shit to make their own child respect other peoples things. Im sorry your going through this. I hope the pup is ok...good luck.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:22 PM
If you have witnesses that the dog was defending itself will it still get put down? :(
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so awful... Little shit had it coming though, sorry you will have to pay for something his parents should have to.

Chunkymunkey922
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no :( That's horrible. A dog that is provoked should not be put down :/. Maybe this is a lesson that will stick with this kid and he wikl learn not to be. Such a brat
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:23 PM

I'm so sorry. :( It's not fair to put a dog down for defending himself. 

That device isn't such a bad idea, though.

JanineDeer
by Janine on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:23 PM

That really really does suck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)