Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pedofiles and gays.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 147 Replies

Poll

Question: Is being a pedophile prewired in one's brain or is it a choice?

Options:

It is a choice

It is prewired

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 107

View Results

NO I AM NOT COMPARING THE TWO.

My sister and I were in a discussion a few days ago and we started talking about how being gay is prewired in the brain and she started saying she hates how people think she is such a terrible person for being gay and that it has nothing to do with choice.  Not long later we were talking about the pedophile that lives down the street and my sister started going off about how they shouldn't live in the neighborhood because of the fact that this woman molested a 3 and 4 year old and how they should send all pedophiles to corrective facilities and be "fixed".  I decided to ask her how that is any different from people thinking gays can be "fixed" (despite the obvious children being involved.) and after talking about it for awhile we agreed and we were just wondering if others agreed.

Being a pedofile is wired into your brain. You know it is wrong and you know it is sick to be that way and pedofiles tend to hate themselves for being the way they are. BUT there are also gays that feel the exact same way about themselves because they don't have their family or their church or anything like that anymore all because they are gay and won't go get it fixed.

Do you think that being a pedophile is prewired into a persons brain or do you just think something goes wrong along the way and they make the choice to become a pedophile?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:58 PM
5 moms liked this

*walks out*
greenlove2013
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:59 PM
3 moms liked this
I think its both for a pedo
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:01 PM

How so?

Quoting greenlove2013: I think its both for a pedo

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmm tough question, I really dont know. I just know they are sick in the head if they think its okay to think of a child in that way.
Could go both ways ya know?
lalalamama
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:03 PM
9 moms liked this
Gays don't hurt anyone. Pedophiles prey on the young and helpless. Wether or not pedophiles are "born this way" doesn't matter. Their behaviour is harmful, unlike gay behaviour.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:03 PM

I can't for sure say it's pre-wired but definately a mental disability with no working treatment. And that is why certain groups are working to make it more acceptable or understood.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Since everyone is so widely accepted these days (gays, transgender etc) it is only a matter of time before pedophiles are accepted too. This country is on a serious moral decline.

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM
3 moms liked this

POLL:

Is the OP a Fucked-Up Troll?

Yes

Yes

or 

Yes

greenlove2013
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM
If a kid was molested, some molest other kids to feel their pain since it's what they know and wired in the brain, well that seems more of like a type of chemical imbalance or a tumor. Something is wrong with their brain.

Quoting Anonymous:

How so?

Quoting greenlove2013: I think its both for a pedo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:06 PM
What about a pedo who never acts on his/her desires? Who knows it is wrong and doesn't want to feel that way, but does?

Quoting lalalamama: Gays don't hurt anyone. Pedophiles prey on the young and helpless. Wether or not pedophiles are "born this way" doesn't matter. Their behaviour is harmful, unlike gay behaviour.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN