Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spin off- Concerning blood type...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Seriously ladies? How is it that so many of you gave advice to that woman telling her not to tell the guy the kid isn't his, but none of you pointed out that the kid probably has her mothers blood type and the OP was seriously jumping to conclusions?

Blood type can come from either parent, or even a combination of the two...

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:09 AM
You be dumb. Google blood types.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:15 AM

LMAO. Why don't you take your own advice. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Quoting Anonymous: You be dumb. Google blood types.

cybcm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:20 AM

Here's a chart for those having difficulty with this.

This chart shows the potential blood types you may inherit. 
  Parent 1 AB AB AB AB B A A O O O
Parent 2 AB B A O B B A B A O
Possible
blood
type
of
child
O         X X X X X X
A X X X X   X X   X  
B X X X X X X   X    
AB X X X     X        

http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-types

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:21 AM
My son has niether my blo od type or his fathers. Heactually has my dads blood type lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Also possible, because some blood types can't produce like type. Like if one parent is AB and one is O, their kids can be A or B but not AB or O.

Quoting Halfdeafmommy: My son has niether my blo od type or his fathers. Heactually has my dads blood type lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:26 AM

Yes! Thank you.

Quoting cybcm:

Here's a chart for those having difficulty with this.

This chart shows the potential blood types you may inherit. 
  Parent 1 AB AB AB AB B A A O O O
Parent 2 AB B A O B B A B A O
Possiblebloodtypeofchild
O         X X X X X X
A X X X X   X X   X  
B X X X X X X   X    
AB X X X     X        

http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-types

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:27 AM
I can't remember what his blood type or mine is exactly, but I remember it is one of the rarest out there. The doctor was commenting how it is a good thing his grandpa has the same blood type if anything would happen since its pretty rare.

Quoting Anonymous:

Also possible, because some blood types can't produce like type. Like if one parent is AB and one is O, their kids can be A or B but not AB or O.

Quoting Halfdeafmommy: My son has niether my blo od type or his fathers. Heactually has my dads blood type lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:30 AM

I'm guessing he's probably AB and you and his dad are A and B. AB- is the rarest blood type.

Quoting Halfdeafmommy: I can't remember what his blood type or mine is exactly, but I remember it is one of the rarest out there. The doctor was commenting how it is a good thing his grandpa has the same blood type if anything would happen since its pretty rare.
Quoting Anonymous:

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:33 AM
Ahh AB- is what they both have!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm guessing he's probably AB and you and his dad are A and B. AB- is the rarest blood type.

Quoting Halfdeafmommy: I can't remember what his blood type or mine is exactly, but I remember it is one of the rarest out there. The doctor was commenting how it is a good thing his grandpa has the same blood type if anything would happen since its pretty rare.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:35 AM

I figured. When it comes to blood, I knows my shit. LMAO

Quoting Halfdeafmommy: Ahh AB- is what they both have!
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN