Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When life leaves you choice less

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My dh took out a reverse mortgage on his parents home to purchase a home against my wishes.

His mother is the only parent remaining alive. She used to have an insurance care policy that would care for her if she ever needed help at home. Against the advice of her son she cancelled it and now needs help.

We were supposed to have moved away together long ago but dh decided he didn't want to so we didn't. We were planning to move in two years, but now that his mother needs care and she cancelled the policy and he took out that stupid reverse mortgage that I was against from the beginning, and he feels guilty about it, it doesn't look like any of my wishes will ever come to light.

Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2014 at 9:36 AM
?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 1, 2014 at 9:37 AM
How is that even legal?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2014 at 9:39 AM
His mom wanted him to do it and agreed. But now I feel like I'm just standing here letting my life be predetermined by everyone else's choices.

Quoting Anonymous: How is that even legal?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 1, 2014 at 9:41 AM
I see. If you don't have a job, get one now. I don't see this getting any better. I'm really sorry.

Quoting Anonymous: His mom wanted him to do it and agreed. But now I feel like I'm just standing here letting my life be predetermined by everyone else's choices.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Your words: "don't see this getting any better" is exactly what an attorney told me.

Thanks for reading.

Quoting Anonymous: I see. If you don't have a job, get one now. I don't see this getting any better. I'm really sorry.

Quoting Anonymous: His mom wanted him to do it and agreed. But now I feel like I'm just standing here letting my life be predetermined by everyone else's choices.

Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Depending on the circumstances, I'd either make the best of it - alter my dreams to find happiness where I am, or make an exit plan.
Sharmayla
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Leave him.
SaratheN
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 9:48 AM
I would have left as soon as he thought about buying a house against my wishes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 1, 2014 at 9:48 AM

i think you're stuck

sorry

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 1, 2014 at 9:50 AM
You either need to accept that this is life now or make plans to move on. The issue with his mother is only going to escalate as she gets older and needs more and more help.

It was beyond stupid to cancel her insurance.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)