Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession is .................

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:02 PM
  • 11 Replies

I need help with make up! I so want to go to Dillards or other stores that are similar and have them do my makeup and then I just buy what they use, but I am afraid of getting ripped off and buying products I do not really need. So I am turning to you ladies.  If you could tell me what kind of make I need and should be using would be great! I have been trying to do better with doing my make up everyday but all I wear is eyeline, eye shadow, tiny bit of bluch, lip gloss stuff and mascara. It is really light what I do put on. Thank you for any help! 

This is me today with some makeup on. 

by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Bump

caustinb
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Go to sephora or ulta.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:10 PM
YouTube
JaneMarie80
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:10 PM
I can't help, I'm clueless with makeup. I put mascara and lip gloss on sometimes.
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Sadly we do not have one here. I would have to drive two hours away. ): I hate being in the middle of nowhere. 

Quoting caustinb: Go to sephora or ulta.

linmei
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Go to sephora!!
My basics are foundation for touch up spots and a matte loose powder.
I would really recommend a blush for you to livin up your cheeks a bit.
A great eyeliner pencil is key to making your eyes pop and maybe a great neutral pallette of eyeshadow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:14 PM
I think you look fine.

If you're looking for more, though, it's best to start with the very basics at first, then buy one or two here and there to experiment.

It looks like you have nice skin, so you could probably get away with a simple powder foundation. Also, the mascara and eyeliner you have is fine. Try a lipstick a little brighter just to mix it up.

As time goes on, try a color here and there you normally wouldn't; maybe try a light blue eyeliner one week, or an orange lipstick the next.

A good rule of thumb is to focus on one facial feature at a time. For example, if you decide to try a bold lip color, the rest of your makeup should be neutral tones and applied lightly. If you try a fun eyeshadow one day, pair it with a nude lip color and skip blush.
linmei
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:15 PM
MAC is great too but you would have to tell them what type of look your going for. MAC tends to be more dramatic but the artists MAC chooses are great.
JackieGirl007
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Definitely go to You Tube. There are so many makeup tutorials on there.

BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:17 PM
I've found that the minerals makeup is pretty good. Right now I am testing out an airbrush makeup. Yes I got the Luminess Air....lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)