Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Man and woman are married. Man makes a lot of money and his wife never worked their entire marriage. They have their first kid and a few months later wife goes to work full time at a menial retail job to 'get out of the house'. I think it's no one's business obviously but my friend thinks it's because she can't handle being a mother and is working so she doesn't have to be around her kid. I highly doubt that's the case and figure she probably has other reasons. Has you or anyone else you know done this?

And yes I know we shouldn't be gossiping about the other person that's why I'm asking anonymous people on cafemom instead of continuing the conversation with my friend :)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladymaleficent
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:11 PM
She wanted more thrn to just be mom anf wife dont blame her, i hated being sahm
Heisenberg
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Lots of people work to get out of the house. They usually pick a place that they would enjoy the discount

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:13 PM

I'm not sure what the problem is...  If she wants to work, why shouldn't she?

bundleofjoy22
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Nothing wrong with that, I have considered myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:15 PM
I don't get it either really. A lot of people go back to work when their babies a few months old so I guess i don't see the difference in starting to work their first job then either.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure what the problem is...  If she wants to work, why shouldn't she?

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:16 PM

You don't get out of the house as much when you have a child, you just don't.. at least not child free. If she got the job to have some time away from being a mom, even if she doesn't need the money.. there is nothing wrong with that.

Grnyann65
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:20 PM

I was a stay at home mom for 10 years. I didn't work out side of the house at all in those 10 years. It really does something to your sanity when you don't have other mental stimulation. I'm grateful that I was able to be home with my children when they were small, but if I could do it over again, I would have kept a part time job.

Bluerose1482
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Is it possible that they have money troubles?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:25 PM
I suppose that's always a possibility, but I highly highly doubt it. He's a pediatrician and has been for many years (tuition paid off) and they are very well off. You never know about how much debt people have though...

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Is it possible that they have money troubles?

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Ive done this because I like to work and nothing to do with not wanting to spend time with my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)