Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnancy Weight Gain??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Why hello ladies! I feel like an elephant! Am i gaining to much?? Im 18 years old 4'11" and pre pregnancy 93lbs also very very small boned, everyone looks at me thinking im 12 by the way im built :p Im now 35 weeks pregnant and im 118lbs holy moly! I havent gotten any stretch marks on my belly (yet) but ive gotten some on my thighs and i feel like my face is three times its normal size! I was diagnosed with SVT (super ventucular tachycardia) so i cant do much exercising but im trying to not eat like a total pig! Im also allergic to all fruits, vegetables, and nuts (anything grown) so thats just the icing on the cake! Did anybody elses face gain weight during pregnancy? If so did it slim back down post pregnancy? I cant stand the way my face looks!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:34 PM
I gained 35 lbs with my last and it was gone a month after.
rjsmommy214
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Everyone should gain weight during pregnancy. I gained 60 lbs and was also small. 5'3 but small build. I'm back to my normal size. Eat something girl!
Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Nope.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Quoting HIJKLM: I gained 35 lbs with my lay and it was gone a month after.

So good to hear! Hopefully ill be that lucky!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Quoting rjsmommy214: Everyone should gain weight during pregnancy. I gained 60 lbs and was also small. 5'3 but small build. I'm back to my normal size. Eat something girl!

Thanks! :) oh trust me i eat! 

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:38 PM
I gained 50 with my first and 25 with my second. I'm back down to my pre pregnancy weight.

Weird allergies. ...
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Your weight gain is in the normal range. I was 102 before pregnancy, 120-something when I delivered at 38 weeks.

Now, exactly how are you allergic to ALL fruits and vegetables?

polkaspots
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Recommended gain is like twenty pounds or so. As long as you're eating enough and eating healthy foods there's nothing to worry about. Also, the stretch marks appear after you give birth from your stomach deflating. Cocoa and Shea butter are good, so is coconut oil for massaging into the areas you're likely to get them in (breasts, stomach, thighs) to prevent and reduce the marks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Quoting LyTe684: I gained 50 with my first and 25 with my second. I'm back down to my pre pregnancy weight. Weird allergies. ...

Thats great! Im hoping i can drop it post pregnancy. Yeah ive had them since i was a toddler :/ planning on going to an allergist after babys born and getting shots to try and get rid of my allergies. Its to much

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:42 PM

yeah i gained 100lbs with my first!!!! i know i was a cow!!! gained about 30 with my second

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)