Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Eta. She wants $180 shoes for her birthday

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:37 PM
  • 243 Replies
1 mom liked this
She wants Jordan superfly 2 id in red. She is turning 16 in April. Yes her foot has pretty much stopped growing and she can wear shoes for awhile now but $180?! When she asked, I laughed and said that would be her only present. She also wants a dog and I told her no way. She counters that the dog would be free and I said after buying all the accessories, including a large pen because I don't have a fenced in area and the dog is not staying inside all the time, it would be almost as expensive as the shoes. I am not made of money here people. We do OK but only because I don't buy $200 shoes.

What does everyone think?

ETA: I told her that I would buy her the shoes but that's all she will get. I told her she has till the end of March to decide if that's what she really wants and then we will have to order them online. Her birthday is in the middle of April.
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I would buy them. But I fully admit I am a shoe snob and my son got his first pair of Jordan's and timberlands when he was just born. I know that's not the norm though.

Eta the dog would be a big hell no lol
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:38 PM
8 moms liked this

I'd make it absolutely clear if the shoes are what she wants, that's what she'll get and that's ALL she'll get.

Maybe once she gets them and realizes how lame it was to spend so much on ONE item, a pair of freaking SHOES, she'll realize how dumb it was.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Those are tennis shoes right?

Hell no. No shoe is worth that (except high end work or cowboy boots), especially tennis shoes.
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

A dog also needs vetting and food.... it would be waaayyyyy more than the shoes.... 

I would get her the shoes if that was all she were getting.

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Oh goodness no!!

Are those something that can be found gently used or discounted somewhere???

I just can't imagine ever spending that much on shoes!!
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:42 PM
5 moms liked this

I bought my DS a pair of $250 sneakers last year for his 16th bday. I am no help LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:43 PM
I'd buy her $180 shoes as long as they weren't Jordans. I hate them so much, lol.

Maybe some nice heels or even some type of cute sneaker.
Hubris_Huntsman
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:43 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd get the shoes and I already have a dog but I wouldn't get a 16 year old a dog - two years until college and no doubt it would turn into my dog.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Yep. Exactly what I said. She said well the are name brand, you have to expect name brand to be expensive. I told her I do expect name brand to be more expensive, especially Jordan's, that's why I asked how much lol.

Quoting baquick: Those are tennis shoes right?

Hell no. No shoe is worth that (except high end work or cowboy boots), especially tennis shoes.
bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I pay around $120 for my teens shoes and think it's ridiculous. Lol

For a birthday I would, but I'm with you, a dog would not be coming at this time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)