Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Eta. She wants $180 shoes for her birthday

Posted by   + Show Post
She wants Jordan superfly 2 id in red. She is turning 16 in April. Yes her foot has pretty much stopped growing and she can wear shoes for awhile now but $180?! When she asked, I laughed and said that would be her only present. She also wants a dog and I told her no way. She counters that the dog would be free and I said after buying all the accessories, including a large pen because I don't have a fenced in area and the dog is not staying inside all the time, it would be almost as expensive as the shoes. I am not made of money here people. We do OK but only because I don't buy $200 shoes.

What does everyone think?

ETA: I told her that I would buy her the shoes but that's all she will get. I told her she has till the end of March to decide if that's what she really wants and then we will have to order them online. Her birthday is in the middle of April.
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:57 PM
I would buy the shoes. I wouldn't be getting a dog though. Nope nope nope.
pookietooth
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:57 PM

I would see if there are knockoffs that look pretty much the same at Payless and offer to pay for those. She is old enough to work, so she can work and earn the money for them. That is too much to blow on shoes unless you are rich.

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:58 PM
For $180 I can get my 11 yr old much more than the fancy schmancy sneakers. Luckily my little fashionista likes quantity and quality.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:58 PM

I wouldnt spend that much money on shoes. i dont even spend the much money on myself in a year. At age 16 they could get a job and get their own shoes. We would already have a dog so a new one would probably be what i would say yes too.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Because they are cute and she wants them?

Why else?...lol.

Quoting norwgnwood: What's the point?

Quoting KendallsMommee: My DD gets Jordans every other month and she's 6.

If you can afford them, why not?
Janaz5
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
This is what I was going to say.

Quoting bcoll:

I pay around $120 for my teens shoes and think it's ridiculous. Lol

For a birthday I would, but I'm with you, a dog would not be coming at this time.

imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM
I have no problem spending that or more on my daughters shoes. Shes 13 and owns 300 dollar uggs.

Honesly though id have a tough time spending that on jordans, but only because i very much dislike them. But if she was into those instead of ugg and sperry, i guess wed do it.
pinkiebabii
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM
I would get the shoes, probably the puppy too lol.
SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:01 PM

The only way she would get the shoes.

Was if she was into sports, or running on her on.

Shoes are important , if they are into sports.

Otherwise- NO.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Well I guess we won't go hungry or be in the street if I buy them but I don't know that I want to waste money on a name.

She keeps changing her mind with what she wants for her birthday and they keep getting more expensive every time she does.

Quoting KendallsMommee: My DD gets Jordans every other month and she's 6.

If you can afford them, why not?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN