Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My horrible confession. Trigger warning

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Years ago I was best friends with a married lady. We hung out together and eventually I considered her husband a good friend of mine. One night I offered to help them paint their rental house while she was working. Again, I thought he was my friend as well and I thought nothing of helping.

I got to the house but apparently he had other plans. He cornered me in the kitchen and tried to take my shirt off. I kept telling him no but he was stronger than me and managed to take it off leaving me in my bra and pants. I ran towards the living room and he caught me and pinned me to the ground and raped me. I kept telling him no but he didn't listen and later he told me he knew my no meant yes.

Most people would have called off the friendship right then and there but I was fresh out of high school and dealing with personal issues and I needed a friend to talk to so I stayed friends with them.

He raped me again but then after that I started to like having sex with him and it became a mutual thing that lasted for a year until I started dating a guy and my best friends husband became jealous and turned his back on me and turned his wife against me.

I still struggle with everything that happened. Of course I feel terrible for what I did with my friends husband but I also realize in the beginning it was rape. I'm not excusing my actions but I was young and vulnerable and I think he preyed on that and took advantage of the situation. He was the first person I had ever slept with and he knew that.

I ran into him a few days ago and he tried to act like we were old friends catching up on each other's lives and I was polite to a point but then told him I had to go just to get away from him. He made my skin crawl and all I wanted to do was run from him.

That's my fucked up confession for the night, I'm sure I'll be bashed but go ahead it's not going to bother me. This happened almost 20 years ago and I'm happily married and have never done anything like that again and never will.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ilovemybbgrl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry that happened to you :(
Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Hugs
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:22 AM
I'm sorry that you went through that
me_plus3
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry that happened to you. What happened with your emotions has a name for it but i can't think of it atm. Don't blame yourself sweetie. Having been raped repeatedly most of my life I understand where you're coming from. It's a wonderful thing that you could walk away and recover from and realise what actually happened to you. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:24 AM
((HUGS))
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:26 AM
2 moms liked this
It is a common thing for a victim to believe they liked it and start having consensual sex with the person that raped them in situations where the victim knows the attacker. It was your way of coping with the trauma, you aren't the only one. I am sorry this happened to you.
maureen813
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:27 AM
To me whist is important is that you must have alot if unresolved feelings about this as I can not imagine why you would open yourself up for the feedback you would receive here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I guess I just don't see it that way.

Quoting Anonymous: It is a common thing for a victim to believe they liked it and start having consensual sex with the person that raped them in situations where the victim knows the attacker. It was your way of coping with the trauma, you aren't the only one. I am sorry this happened to you.
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:29 AM

HUG!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:54 AM
BUMP!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)