Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Adoption do you know how rude you are?

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/28/ignorant-things-about-adoption-_n_4859783.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=3798246,b=facebook

A woman who adopted from china put up a series of pics showing how some of you really sound to us. We adopted six and the things people say in front of and to the kids since they were little is incredible.  I can identify with  some of it even though our kids are from the US we adopted all diff races.

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
People who would say or think any of these things would say equally rude things to everyone.
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:35 PM

I have to say I've never heard one about sending them over as spies before, that's a new one for me.  I love how this mom dealt this situation and empowered her daughters.

Here's a link to offensive things often said to all tria members starting with adoptees: http://www.adoptionhealing.com/don'tsay.shtml

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Holy crap I can't imagine someone saying things like that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:40 PM
By all means start the adoption process and adopt the children here in the US

Quoting Anonymous: I'm against international adoption. Leave babies in their own country!!!!! Why adopt overseas, and not from our own country? There are lots of babies/kids in America who need a living home and family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momaof8
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Roxygurl: By all means start the adoption process and adopt the children here in the US
Quoting Anonymous: I'm against international adoption. Leave babies in their own country!!!!! Why adopt overseas, and not from our own country? There are lots of babies/kids in America who need a living home and family.
People who talk like that never really do anything. I have adopted through foster six times all babies. But its far from easy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:13 AM
This article disgusts me. First of all, that people say things like that. Second of all, that she made her children hold those signs like that. She can say she is empowering them, but truth is that it surely hurts them. I also find it hard to believe that those things are said to them regularly or even at all. Maybe all those comments are from a handful of people. The absolute only one that I can see her getting a lot is the one about being real sisters. That one I have heard a lot. Sounds to me like she has a chip on her shoulder and is trying to use her children for attention. I'm sure people won't agree with me and that's fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly. Biology isn't that important to me.

Quoting nelliesmommy: People are rude. I would never ask such questions. All kids need a loving home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
There's only 2 that I would ask the parents not the child (ren) do they know they're adopted and do you know the bio parents?
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM
That absolutely breaks my heart. People can be real assholes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)