Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Woman with a dog grabbed a kid who was hurting the dog...wdyt?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 153 Replies

Yesterday when I was at the park, a mom with a dog was tying her son's shoes. The dog was on one of those extendable leashes and was probably 10 feet away from them. A little kid, who looked 4, walked up and started "petting" the dog, which included pulling its ears and patting it roughly. The dog was whining and yelped, which caught the owner's attention.

The woman jumped up, said "hey, stop it". When the kid didn't, she grabbed the kid's arm so roughly he fell on the floor. The boy's mother ran up, started screaming, called her a b-tch and said to never touch her kid again or she'd "f-ing kill her". The owner laughed and said "then don't let your brat touch animals he doesn't know, and certainly don't let him f-ing hurt them" and then walked off. 

The little boy was crying and mom was in tears after that too. WDYT?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM
27 moms liked this
I think the child got off lightly and that the parent of the child needs to control her kid better. The dog owner gave a warning, what would the idiot parent have done had the dog bit the brat???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:54 AM
3 moms liked this
My thoughts? Playgrounds are for children and 10 feet of leash is too long when you are distracted tying your kid's shoes.

At the same time, the child's mother should have responded sooner and intervened.

But still...primary responsibility is the dog owners.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM
4 moms liked this

Little kids have bad balance. The fact that he fell when surprised doesn't mean she was overly rough. And no, he doesn't deserve a gentle, airy touch and negotiation in a pleasant tone when he's hurting an animal after being asked to stop. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:56 AM
4 moms liked this

i woulda done the same....KEEP YOUR HEATHEN SPAWN'S HANDS OFF MY PET!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
She shouldn't have grabbed the kid, but she should have kept a tighter leash on the dog, I side with the pet owner
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:59 AM

The area we were in was the park, not really the playground. There's a playground across the park, but the area we were in is common for people walking their dogs, kids running around, picnics, etc.  

Quoting KrissyKC: My thoughts? Playgrounds are for children and 10 feet of leash is too long when you are distracted tying your kid's shoes. At the same time, the child's mother should have responded sooner and intervened. But still...primary responsibility is the dog owners.

MariannLws
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I would have done the same thing the dog owner did. I say bravo to her. 

LooneyLovegood
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I may sound cruel and get bashed but i agree with the dog owner
LooneyLovegood
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Don't let your kid hurt animals. you are not being a responsible parent to not properly watch your child around animals. I think the kid needed what he got and the mother needed a wake up call!
kbntaej
by Josephine on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:03 PM
4 moms liked this
The toddlers mom shouldn't have let her kid touch a strange animal. DUH.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)