Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you allow your child to sleep over their friends house if the child's parents had AIDS, and you knew about it?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Replies (181-190):
KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:27 AM

I was correcting a typo I said front and I meant to say font I  did not have you in mind. I was thinking of someone else. 

Quoting Sassy762:

???????????????????????????????????

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

You gave yourself away with your red font,  not front lol...

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you REALLY serious? 

I see now why alot of people shy away from you 

KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:29 AM

You are not who I'm thinking of  you are the only person I know that uses red font. I'm thinking of someone else.

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

You gave yourself away with your red front, lol...

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you REALLY serious? 

Browncoat4eva
by Mackenzie on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:29 AM

MY BIL is HIV positive. And a dear friend of mine was as well (though sadly he succumbed to AIDS 10 years ago). I expect adults to be responsible before leaving my kids with them, whether they are HIV+ or not. 

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

Fordprefect
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:29 AM

If I trusted the parents. My kids have only spent the night at the houses of my friends, so as long as I knew the family and felt comfortable with them, then they could spend the night if the opportunity presented itself. I don't think a parent or one of the children having HIV would be a factor. 

Jenniy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Yes, why wouldn't I? I don't let my kids spend the night anywhere without my knowing the parents first, so if I trust the parents I don't see why a parent having AIDS would matter.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Darlin there are a bunch of ladies that uses red font, lol I was hoping for  a clue to who you thought that anon was, lol

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

You are not who I'm thinking of  you are the only person I know that uses red font. I'm thinking of someone else.

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you REALLY serious? 

pistolpink
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:32 AM
Yes
Renilia
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Of course. You have to remember that they have a child in that house all the time and clearly that child is fine so they know how to prevent spreading. They are not going to infect your child, don't punish your child and their friend by not letting them have a sleepover. I'm sure that child doesn't get alot of sleepovers because alot of people in the world who try to shut their children away from someone who has AIDS,CANCER, etc. wont allow their children to play together. 

I've seen it happen, i had a friend in middle school who'smother had cancer and no one would allow their kids to go to sleep overs at her house, they werent allowed to hang out at her house, and shit, it was bullshit seriously. I was one of her only friends who could go over and hang out with her and it sucked for them cause she was hooked up with game systems, big tvs, really nice pool table and a in ground pool. Her house was AWESOME. My friend was depressed whenever someones parent wouldn't let them hang out with her because he mother was sick, it wasn't her fault yet she suffered for it. Don't make that child suffer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:34 AM

FYI, if someone is HIV positive, but does not have AIDS, a virus isn't any more or less harmful to them than the average person. 

Quoting Anonymous: Honestly I'd be more concerned that my kid may carry a virus into their home and get the HIV person sick than the other way around.

KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:35 AM
1 mom liked this

No I would dare not be so presumptuous but I know.

Quoting Sassy762:

Darlin there are a bunch of ladies that uses red font, lol I was hoping for  a clue to who you thought that anon was, lol

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you REALLY serious? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)