Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you allow your child to sleep over their friends house if the child's parents had AIDS, and you knew about it?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Replies (191-200):
TurtleMami
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:36 AM
Nvm she gave herself away

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Then they know who they are I did not call names.

Quoting TurtleMami: There are a couple people that use that font

ETA omg primary colors!

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

You gave yourself away with your red front, lol...

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you REALLY serious? 

I see now why alot of people shy away from you 

at82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:37 AM
This

Quoting Sparklepants747:

Yes. I'm not an uninformed idiot. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:56 AM
I'm responding to the OP' s scenario. In a case where the parent has AIDS, not HIV. Everyone knows HIV doesn't automatically mean AIDS. thanks for the unnecessary and unsolicited lecture though.

Quoting Anonymous:

FYI, if someone is HIV positive, but does not have AIDS, a virus isn't any more or less harmful to them than the average person. 

Quoting Anonymous: Honestly I'd be more concerned that my kid may carry a virus into their home and get the HIV person sick than the other way around.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:59 AM

If youve read the replies, no everyone does not.  And that was hardly a lecture. 

Quoting Anonymous: I'm responding to the OP' s scenario. In a case where the parent has AIDS, not HIV. Everyone knows HIV doesn't automatically mean AIDS. thanks for the unnecessary and unsolicited lecture though.
Quoting Anonymous:

FYI, if someone is HIV positive, but does not have AIDS, a virus isn't any more or less harmful to them than the average person. 

Quoting Anonymous: Honestly I'd be more concerned that my kid may carry a virus into their home and get the HIV person sick than the other way around.

KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Okay who or what are you talking about?

Quoting TurtleMami: Nvm she gave herself away
Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Then they know who they are I did not call names.

Quoting TurtleMami: There are a couple people that use that font ETA omg primary colors!
Quoting KymberleeAnn:

You gave yourself away with your red front, lol...

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you REALLY serious? 

I see now why alot of people shy away from you 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Probably not :(
marie85
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Yes

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:42 AM
I'm not sure. Everyone loves to be politically correct but I think there is a risk. Kids are more likely to get hurt and bleed. The parent could be helping them. What if the parent also happens to bleed and it goes on the child's open wound? I know it sounds unlikely but still.
KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:45 AM

I agree. Life is funny you just can never know.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm not sure. Everyone loves to be politically correct but I think there is a risk. Kids are more likely to get hurt and bleed. The parent could be helping them. What if the parent also happens to bleed and it goes on the child's open wound? I know it sounds unlikely but still.

moniagee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:47 AM
I highly doubt my child and the parent would be exchanging bodily fluids.I have no problem with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)