Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you allow your child to sleep over their friends house if the child's parents had AIDS, and you knew about it?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM

are you kidding me? 

kbntaej
by Josephine on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Yep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

You can't contract aids by sharing drinks.

Quoting Anonymous: Sure. As long as they're old enough. AIDS OR not, Children Should Be Taught To Take Precautions. Like don't eat off of people, no sharing drinks and no touching other people's body fluid, etc.

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Yes, I already do that. They aren't having sex with my child, they aren't giving him a blood transfusion, and they aren't sharing their dirty needles, so what is the problem. You can't catch HIV from just being around someone.

MariannLws
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Of course. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Yes. I've never run into a situation where blood or other bodily fluids entered my child's open wounds. I'm sure all would be fine. ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:06 PM
No only because my kids don't/won't do sleepovers.
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Yeah/

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:06 PM

You can't get aids from sharing drinks, eating their food, or even touching bodily fluids in most cases.

Quoting Anonymous: Sure. As long as they're old enough. AIDS OR not, Children Should Be Taught To Take Precautions. Like don't eat off of people, no sharing drinks and no touching other people's body fluid, etc.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes of course.  I would just remind my child not to share needles with the parent.  :-)

I'm joking to make a point.  HIV can not be transmitted through casual contact.  There is nothing my kid would be doing with the parent of a friend that would warrant any sort of concern that my child would catch HIV.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN