Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you allow your child to sleep over their friends house if the child's parents had AIDS, and you knew about it?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
ZoeCY
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Of course, assuming I had met them and thought they were decent people (same as anyone else). 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

also, this post made me think about a dear family friend that passed away from AIDS.

rest in peace, Tim. :(

DamianaFire
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Yes.
TexTornado
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM

How/why did both parents end up having AIDS?  And do you mean they are HIV+ or they are in full blown AIDS?  There's a difference.  Does the child also have it?

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Yes what a dumb question!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Duh. Don't get it from sharing food either. Unless both parties have bleeding mouths. But I still teach them these things. Because swapping spot germs is still gross.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't contract aids by sharing drinks.

Quoting Anonymous: Sure. As long as they're old enough. AIDS OR not, Children Should Be Taught To Take Precautions. Like don't eat off of people, no sharing drinks and no touching other people's body fluid, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:08 PM
I know this. See my reply to the anon.

Quoting lenashark:

You can't get aids from sharing drinks, eating their food, or even touching bodily fluids in most cases.

Quoting Anonymous: Sure. As long as they're old enough. AIDS OR not, Children Should Be Taught To Take Precautions. Like don't eat off of people, no sharing drinks and no touching other people's body fluid, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:08 PM
I think she means children shouldn't drink after other people period

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't contract aids by sharing drinks.

mommaofALT
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I am VERY cautious with my children. I was molested as a child and I will do everything I can to keep my kids safe. 

Quoting wamom223:

That is what I was thinking.  I think all parents should be very selective about where they let their children over night and you should know the people so well you don't need to ask questions like this.

Quoting mommaofALT:

I would have no problem as long as I knew the family- but that goes for any situation. I have to know a person WELL before my kids are allowed over to their house. 

KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Sorry about your friend.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

also, this post made me think about a dear family friend that passed away from AIDS.

rest in peace, Tim. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN