Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you allow your child to sleep over their friends house if the child's parents had AIDS, and you knew about it?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
Marias14
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:08 PM
No
KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:09 PM

I don't blame you.

Quoting mommaofALT:

I am VERY cautious with my children. I was molested as a child and I will do everything I can to keep my kids safe. 

Quoting wamom223:

That is what I was thinking.  I think all parents should be very selective about where they let their children over night and you should know the people so well you don't need to ask questions like this.

Quoting mommaofALT:

I would have no problem as long as I knew the family- but that goes for any situation. I have to know a person WELL before my kids are allowed over to their house. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:09 PM

he was a wonderful man with a gentle heart. 

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Sorry about your friend.

AVE SATANAS!
Anonymous-
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:10 PM
You copied my reply LOL.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

uhhh. yes..... why wouldn't you?!!!

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM

we're Mike and Ike - we think alike! :)

Quoting Anonymous-: You copied my reply LOL.
Quoting OwlNuggets:

uhhh. yes..... why wouldn't you?!!!

AVE SATANAS!
that_girl_kk
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM

My ex BIL has HIV. He has watched the children before. Honestly, he has been more involved in our children's lives than their own father.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM
As long as they know the precautions that need to be taken than I would be fine with it.
wamom223
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Same here.  I was molested by a family member (who was asked to babysit) so we are very selective and we could care less who's feelings we hurt.  You just don't gamble on your children.  There are actually a lot of family members I will not allow to watch my son.  

Quoting mommaofALT:

I am VERY cautious with my children. I was molested as a child and I will do everything I can to keep my kids safe. 

Quoting wamom223:

That is what I was thinking.  I think all parents should be very selective about where they let their children over night and you should know the people so well you don't need to ask questions like this.

Quoting mommaofALT:

I would have no problem as long as I knew the family- but that goes for any situation. I have to know a person WELL before my kids are allowed over to their house. 

KellBell0820
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Yes. If I thought the parents were going to do anything that could possibly transmit it then this wouldn't even be a question but I really doubt they would.
KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM

How both parents have it that's obvious if they have kids, hello, and HIV+ I'd the virus that causes AIDS so once HIV enter into the body it's just as dangerous as AIDS because it will evenually turn into AIDS. So when it comes down to disease it's just about the same AIDS is just the last stage of HIV but not less potent or stronger when it comes to transmitting it to another person.

Quoting TexTornado:

How/why did both parents end up having AIDS?  And do you mean they are HIV+ or they are in full blown AIDS?  There's a difference.  Does the child also have it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)