Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

And now is when I start getting depressed :(

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM
  • 87 Replies
We went to see the cardiologist on Thursday and he said no one at children's will do surgery on Grayson :( they don't feel it would be the right thing to do since his chances of surviving past 1 are low. So now they took that small chance that he did have and made it 0% :'( this is the hardest thing I've ever been through, I just keep breaking down. How do you shop for an outfit to bury your baby in? How do you choose special outfits that you want to take pictures in because a photographer comes in for you all because your baby is dying? My son asks if we can carry his spirit in the car seat and take it with us in the car still when Grayson goes with god. He asks where we will put his clothes. He always used to draw pictures of our family and they always had a baby in my arms but now it's the 3 of us again.

Every time I feel him move I want to break down, he's fought so hard this far!! It's just not fair that they're taking his chance away! I know that chance was small but it was there. He has no major things wrong that most babies with t18 do (no small head, no spina bifida, no organs outside, no cleft lip or palate) besides his heart which isn't even directly related to this. The only symptoms are he's small, one foot is slightly clubbed they THINK but his feet can still be seen together (as if he was standing up) and his clenched hands.
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Im so sorry. Saying a prayer for baby Grayson and you all.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:09 PM
3 moms liked this

I have no words, only love for you.

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
:( so sorry momma. Huge hugs
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry. :( Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Gianna2014
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry :( (((Hugs)))

lyranightshade
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm so sorry. I haven't heard your story before. :( are you pregnant still? When are you due? What is t18? Can you keep looking for another surgeon?
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't imagine. Hugs and prayers for you and Grayson.
chickensmommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM
3 moms liked this
Can you get another opinion? That seems unethical of the surgeons. I'm sorry you are going through this.
LyTe684
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:15 PM
I'm so sorry. *hugs*
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Andy Dufresne--The Shawshank Redemption

I believe that there is always hope in every situation.  Find your hope and cling to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN