Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Best (bad) MIL story

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 167 Replies
Okay ladies, let 'er rip. Tell us your worst MIL (or mother or other inlaw) story.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:45 PM
4 moms liked this

My mother in law died 7 years before I married dh.  She's freaking awesome.  We go to her grave once per year (it's a 6 hour drive) and leave flowers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:45 PM
bump
Chunkymunkey922
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Exdh ex gf was vest friends with his cousin so she was around at all the family functions etc. Mil referred to the exgf as her former dil and would hang out with her all the time.

Right after we got married I got exdh cheating with the exgf. Then right after I found out I was pregnant. We tried to make it work.. but mil would take dd to exgfs house on Saturdays when she babysat while I was at work. She would post pics of her holding my baby on Fb and tag me in them.

The exgf would text dh and tell him to divorce me and send naked pics. Mil defended her to the end.
drowningmama
by vendetta on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Our first Christmas married my MIL handed out about 10 gifts to BILs GirlFriend then looked me straight in the eyes and said:  Oh, sorry, i didnt think to get you anything.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Telling DH to think it through/reconsider being with me because I have diabetes.

Telling me that I'm too young and dumb to have a child, that I should give her my child.

Told me I was dumb for sharing my breasts (breastfeeding).

Said we owe her because she gave birth to DH.

Attempted to smack my son when he was 3 months.

Force fed him when I wasn't in the room.

Irritated his eczema flare up and said she has the right to because she gave birth to DH.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Oh that's bad. I'd kill MIL

Quoting Chunkymunkey922: Exdh ex gf was vest friends with his cousin so she was around at all the family functions etc. Mil referred to the exgf as her former dil and would hang out with her all the time.

Right after we got married I got exdh cheating with the exgf. Then right after I found out I was pregnant. We tried to make it work.. but mil would take dd to exgfs house on Saturdays when she babysat while I was at work. She would post pics of her holding my baby on Fb and tag me in them.

The exgf would text dh and tell him to divorce me and send naked pics. Mil defended her to the end.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
MIL' s house is straight out of Hoarders. DH didn't want me to go in the house. I thought he was exaggerating. Well, I shouldn't have gone in. I couldn't even speak. She asked me to sit and just couldn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:48 PM
2 moms liked this
My mother in law chose to go to some convention 2000 miles away the same weekend we got married. That was nearly 12 years ago and I still have not forgiven her for not being there. We don't speak much anymore.
Docgirl2000
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:49 PM
When dh (he was my bf at the time) told mil i was pregnant, she got angry and the first words to come out of her mouth were "get rid of it." I said absolutely not and she said we'd regret keeping "it."

Now she rarely sees ds and she & i work together. But she tells everyone how much she loves her 8 grandchildren so much & how she's such a wonderful grandmother. Hah!

I still haven't forgiven her for those comments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:49 PM
My mil is so racist against me, she made my pregnancy hell, demanded a dna test, and even bought one at the drugstore. Of course ds came back as dhs. Kids his damn clone. She still has never said sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN