Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well now she is pregnant and wants the family to adjust to her WANTS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 746 Replies
52 moms liked this

My daughter (18 years old)  announced today that she is pregnant. She already knew what the circustances will be if she chooses to get pregnant. Her choice whatever she does, but do not expect us, her parents to step up for her.

We also have a ten year old and sixteen year old in the home. We have five bedrooms (one for each child plus the eighteen year old) then a shared office between my husband and myself.

She insists we moved the ten year old to the office so that she can use her bedroom for the nursery. I told her no, we will not be giving up room arrangements for her.

She also insisted that once the baby is born, that the father (boyfriend) should be allowed to stay over night to help with the baby. I told her no, that is out of the question. Considering they are not married and we have other members in the household, she nor the boyfriend are paying the bills, they will not be granted to live in her bedroom as if they were in condo or apartment. If they want privacy they can move out.

She is also concerned because she and her boyfriend only minimal wage. She does not know how she is going to pay for daycare to watch the baby while she works. I told her she should have thought about that before she got pregnant and that I will not be giving up my activities to watch the baby. I have to drive the other two kids around to their activities and events throughout the week. On the weekend I want the days off, I will not be babysitting on my days off. She feels I am being selfish and putting the other two before her. I disagree. I didn't choose to have sex and get pregnant and expect others to step up for me.

I am not sure how this will all work out but at this time, she seems to think that others should be helping her with her decision and this baby. I want so badly to knock her on her ass.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kersplat
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:13 PM
131 moms liked this
I think its awesome you are stnading your ground.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:13 PM
6 moms liked this
If she and bf get their own apt would you help her then?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM
4 moms liked this

I have little confidence she will really figure this out until near delievery time. Right now I feel the reality of all this is not quite there

Quoting kersplat: I think its awesome you are stnading your ground.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM
66 moms liked this
She made an adult decision, now she has to be an adult and figue it out
Krysta784
by Dani on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM
46 moms liked this
I think she should be happy you're even allowing her to still live in your home without paying rent. That's way more generous than I would be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:15 PM
35 moms liked this

No we would not. Why should we? We will keep the same agreement and help with deposit and help her move, but the boy can pitch in also. It shouldn't be our responsibility to pay for their lives.

Quoting Anonymous: If she and bf get their own apt would you help her then?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:15 PM
31 moms liked this
Why should her sibling's lives be disrupted due to her mistake? She sounds selfish and needs a reality check.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:16 PM
6 moms liked this

I think the financial reality is kicking in. I don't think teens in general ever really think things through in a reality way until it is too late.

Quoting Krysta784: I think she should be happy you're even allowing her to still live in your home without paying rent. That's way more generous than I would be.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:16 PM
7 moms liked this
You're absolutely right! Don't cave in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:17 PM
19 moms liked this
Well I see your point and hers however she needs to get her ass in college and get a degree I would prefer my dd to not work and me help support her for the 4 years until she graduated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN