Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
So.... I was at work today and one of the consumers needed her colostomy bag changed.

I was just about to put in her new bag when she looks at me with this silly little grin.

She then proceeds to tell me that she's peeing.

She's lucky she is flipping cute!

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
rachelsorenson
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Im in my phone. It likes to change my words.

Quoting kitty8199: Consumer? I know what a colostomy is. None of this makes sense. Im in the medical field. You're not even using proper terms. Soakee?

Quoting rachelsorenson: I work with people with mental handicaps. She was laying on her bed, there was a soaker underneath her. I was changing her bag when she told me that which meant now that her soakee was now wet with urine. She did not pee in her colostomy bag. Quoting kitty8199: Consumer? Peeing in a colostomy?
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:56 PM

That's what we called them when I took my CNA class. I took it via a nursing home and all the nurses called them that there. WE called the cloth ones soakers and the plastic ones chux. we always used both.

Quoting kitty8199: I've never heard them called soakers. Blue pads or chux.
Quoting ColtsFan1912:

eh. We called 'em soakers at one place where I worked *shrugs* The other place called them chucks.

Quoting kitty8199: Consumer? I know what a colostomy is. None of this makes sense. Im in the medical field. You're not even using proper terms. Soakee?
Quoting rachelsorenson: I work with people with mental handicaps. She was laying on her bed, there was a soaker underneath her. I was changing her bag when she told me that which meant now that her soakee was now wet with urine. She did not pee in her colostomy bag. Quoting kitty8199: Consumer? Peeing in a colostomy?

"You start to look like what you believe" -Switchfoot

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:58 PM
I've never heard individual either.

Quoting Anonymous: They used consumer in MA until "individual" became the PC term.
We call those chucks though. Not soakers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:00 PM
I've never heard consumer either.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

That's what we called them when I took my CNA class. I took it via a nursing home and all the nurses called them that there. WE called the cloth ones soakers and the plastic ones chux. we always used both.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

eh. We called 'em soakers at one place where I worked *shrugs* The other place called them chucks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:00 PM

me neither.

Quoting kitty8199: I've never heard consumer either.
Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

"You start to look like what you believe" -Switchfoot

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Literally though.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

and why was this crap worthy of it's own post? Cafemom has gone down the toilet.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Nothing about this makes sense.....

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:01 PM

lmao

Quoting OneToughMami:

Literally though.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

and why was this crap worthy of it's own post? Cafemom has gone down the toilet.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Nothing about this makes sense.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Consumer is a very common term. Its akin to client or patient.

Shadowed_Star
by Neko‚̧Wolf on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I want to hug you people because I could NEVER do your job.

Thank you!

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:02 PM
I've never heard of either term as well. We always said client, their name, or patient.

Quoting kitty8199: I've never heard consumer either.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)