Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

as a hair stylist i hate....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 382 Replies
2 moms liked this
People coming in with box color on their hair and it's over processed because they think color gets rid of color.

If I could I would remove all box colors from all stores and ban them. Yes I know some can't afford to go to a salon but let me say go to your local beauty college. It's cheaper, it helps the students out, and they are supervised the whole time.

What are some things that get to you as a stylist?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustMeKat
by Kat on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I like my stylist she's got all the gossip in town

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:27 AM
23 moms liked this

I'm not going to pay 200$ for something I can do for 7$ and it look just as good. Sure, it may hurt your hair  a little, but if you do it right and take good care of it after, it will be okay.

drowningmama
by vendetta on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:27 AM
2 moms liked this
I've been to a beauty college - was not enjoyable experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaratheN
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:28 AM
I'd never trust a student with my hair. The one time I got a cut from one the instructors were nowhere to be found.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not going to pay 200$ for something I can do for 7 and it look just as good. Sure, it may hurt it a little, but if you do it right and take good care of it after, it will be okay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:30 AM
I have no idea where you are but I would never charge that much for a color. A single process is 40 and 6 more for extra mixture. If it's a client I know can't afford that much I'll either trade for something or even just lower the price.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not going to pay 200$ for something I can do for 7$ and it look just as good. Sure, it may hurt your hair  a little, but if you do it right and take good care of it after, it will be okay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:31 AM
May I ask what happened and also I'm sorry. When I was in school I did everything I could to make sure the person in my chair was as happy as can be.

Quoting drowningmama: I've been to a beauty college - was not enjoyable experience.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:32 AM
Then it must not be a good school. However once you hit the front of the clinical floor at my school the only time you will see an instructor is for final check. Because you are not allowed up front unless you knew what you were doing.

Quoting SaratheN: I'd never trust a student with my hair. The one time I got a cut from one the instructors were nowhere to be found.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:33 AM
Lol most do. I however try hard not to. It can cause a lot of problems.

Quoting JustMeKat:

I like my stylist she's got all the gossip in town

kattcooper
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:34 AM
2 moms liked this
AMEN!! I could never imagine going to buy a box of color and doing something that should be left to a professional.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)