Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is your childs BMI?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
Are you aware of what your childs BMI is? Are they healthy? If they aren't or are borderline are you concerned?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shadowed_Star
by Neko❤Wolf on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Dont know dont care BMI is BULLSHIT
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM
This

Quoting Shadowed_Star: Dont know dont care BMI is BULLSHIT
Kellileanne
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I don't know exactly but they are both on the low end.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM
For most people it isn't. For most people it is an accurate estimate of body fat.

highlandmum
by Spunky on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not believe in BMI.  My children are all very healthy and active I have no concerns with them at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:41 PM
I have no idea what my son's BMI is, but he's 7 and 47lbs. He eats well and is healthy. Sometimes he eats more than me, but he is very active. He jumps on his indoor trampoline all day! lol

My DH and I agreed that we would always keep an eye on his weight and if it ever became a problem we would work together to make whatever changes we need to. DH struggled with weight growing up and we would never want that for our son.
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I'm not positive. I know where they are on the percentile charts though. DD12 is in the 20th percentile, DS4 isn't on the charts (less than third percentile then), and DS20 months is in the 5th percentile.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:41 PM
No. I know they are small for their age but good for their height. They eat healthy and,the drs nor us have any concerns.
anjones09
by Ash on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:42 PM
They told me at his 2 year check up but I don't remember. I just know he's right where he should be.
Shadowed_Star
by Neko❤Wolf on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Not true. Get some real facts

Quoting Anonymous: For most people it isn't. For most people it is an accurate estimate of body fat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN