Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She is eighteen and pregnant while I am expected to quit my job and babysit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 126 Replies
6 moms liked this

Just because my daughter is eighteen (graduated from High School) and pregnant doesn't mean I am obligated or even responsible for her or the grandchild.

No, I will not quit my job to babysit so she can work/go to school. If I quit my job we will lose:

1. Our health benefits
2. Dental beneift
3/ Vision benefits
4. Retirement plan
5. Life insurance on everyone including the kids

It is a hell no, I will not quit my job to take care of a child I did not choose to bring to this world. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:32 PM
5 moms liked this

It is her child; it is her responsibility to provide care for the child and support it.  I don't think you're being unreasonable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:34 PM
10 moms liked this

I cannot believe how selfish some people are to think that because we become grandparents we owe our children additional money, free babysitting, free rent, food... Absolutely mind blowing

Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Her child, her responsibility

csxt99
by Jennifer on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I agree with you.  SHE needs to take full responsibilty for the child she chose to make.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:35 PM

You don't legally have to do anything for her anymore. 

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow there are a lot of these...is it a time of year thing where all 18 yr olds are knocked up lmao. Yeah she needs a reality check.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh hell no!

These girls have been watching too much teen mom 2. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Not only should you quit to babysit her child, but you and your husband should be the ones to move into his office and let her and her boyfriend have the larger master suite. ;) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM
4 moms liked this

Of course you should help when and how you can. That does not include quitting your job.

I would never kick my child out-or quit my job for her. I would however do what I could when I could in order to HELP her.

You want to work or go to school-of course I will help watch my Grandchild when I am at home.

You want to go out at night? Put the baby to bed and if I am in for the evening, you can go anywhere you want.

Reasonable, rational help.

No job-quitting. No major life upheavals.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Who on earth suggested you quit your job to be her 'nanny'?  Hell no!  If she wants one, tell her to hire one with the earnings for the job she'll be getting.  Don't you dare cave.  This is her situation to plan for and maintain her life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)