Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are potheads so....*Edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 335 Replies
12 moms liked this

defensive? My opinion is that if you refuse to go a day without smoking weed then you have a drug problem. That doesn't apply to people with a LEGITIMATE medical condition (cancer, sever anxiety, pain...etc). If you have a medical condition that negatively impacts your life every day then I agree that weed is a healthier option then pills. But if you are just smoking to get high everyday then you don't really have an excuse. You have a drug problem. But heaven forbid you disagree with them! Then all of a sudden I'm "ignorant" and "close minded". Obviously my opinion doesn't mean anything, people can live their lives however they see fit. If you aren't neglecting your kids then I don't care. I would never say something to them because they don't have any direct impact on my life. But it doesn't change the fact that you can't function in life without getting high. And I find that a bit sad. That is my opinion so go ahead and bash away!

This has been great entertainment! I've been sick with the flu and this has been way more amusing then watching day time TV lol. Some of you have brought up some great points and others.....well not so much. In case there was any confusion, I am not against recreational use of marijuana. Just abuse. I consider it abuse when it becomes a huge part of your identity and life. Or if it impacts your life in a negative way. And even then I don't actually care weather or not you abuse it. It's not my business, I have a don't ask / don't tell policy about drug use. 

I also never said that daily users couldn't be productive or successful members of society. That was your own assumption. I only said that people who can't give it up for a few hours might have a problem. Weather or not an addiction = a problem is up for debate.

That's all. Carry on.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:49 PM
3 moms liked this
Pretty much. The way I see it, if you're going to claim it's medicinal you shouldn't abuse it. It's no different than someone addicted to pain pills if you're using it every day just to get high.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Yup.

mamaclairbear
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:51 PM
6 moms liked this

I don't know a single 'pot head' in real life that smokes every day to 'just get high'. 

I think you are making this a much larger problem then it really is.

Come Check Out My Blog

The Home Restore Project

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Waiting for people to deflect from the topic of the post by bringing up alcohol, pills, coffee, white sugar, etc. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Amen sister
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting EntrepeneurMom: Pretty much. The way I see it, if you're going to claim it's medicinal you shouldn't abuse it. It's no different than someone addicted to pain pills if you're using it every day just to get high.

I don't have a problem with people who smoke I just think its ridiculous that someone can do it recreationally every day and claim that it isn't an issue. If someone drinks every day then that person is an alcoholic. But they want everyone to think weed is the best thing ever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My BIL, his wife, my dh, and every friend he has ever made does. He purposely picks these people to hang out with because they can get him high. He fully admits that he's a drug addict but he isn't going to stop any time soon. My BIL and his old lady literally smoke every hour on the hour, they even get up in the middle of the night sometimes. Their room has more bongs in it than a smoke shop lol. I've never met a "pot head" in real life who WASN'T like that. 

Quoting mamaclairbear:

I don't know a single 'pot head' in real life that smokes every day to 'just get high'. 

livingforthem83
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:54 PM
4 moms liked this
Eh, I know plenty of people that are addicted to weed. Can't function without smoking, won't stop even when their freedom is on the line, steals to get weed money. It's a drug just like any other. And yes weed is the only drug these people use.
MommyChance
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:54 PM
9 moms liked this
I don't know a single pot head that smokes for medicinal purposes. All the pot heads I know just smoke to get high.

Quoting mamaclairbear:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:54 PM
9 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN