Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Those of you who go by shortened names or middle names get in here.....

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:37 PM
  • 45 Replies
When my dear friend named her daughter (my Goddaughter)I told her it might be problematic she got mad and named her anyway. Well now my gdaughter is in school and her name is becoming an issue. My friend wants to leagally shorten it but is finding that she has to get a lawyer file with the court yadayada. Its quite expensive too. I say she should just tell everyone to go by ana or lia or sky and tell her teacher next year to call her that. I am curious has anyone kept their legal name the same and just shortened it was it a problem in life? Oh and her name is analia sky. The kids started calling her anal. SMH
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:38 PM
When I was in school a lot of teachers asked what we prefered to be called

Poor kid :(
lovey75
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:39 PM
I know the name is pretty but the spelling....

Quoting TiffanyRose06: When I was in school a lot of teachers asked what we prefered to be called

Poor kid :(
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:40 PM
My dd goes by a nickname for her middle name. She just says, "I go by ______" or "please call me ______" when she meets new people. It isn't that big of a deal.
LukeWarmwater
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:40 PM

:/ my name is Katrina, but I've been Tina since I was 3.  It's never really been an issue.  In professional settings sometimes, when I forget my name is Katrina on paper...but other than that *shrug*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Eh, I just told people to call me by my middle. And introduced myself as such.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:41 PM

My teachers always called me by my real name the first day then i politely corrected them and they used the shortened verson ever since. I did change it when I was in my 20's  because my whole name wouldnt fit on most forms like my id card.

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:41 PM
I go by my middle name. My first name is Ola. I would be so embarrassed I would go to school early on the first day of school and make sure they knew to call me Michelle. There was always that one teacher that messed it up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:42 PM
It shouldn't be too hard to have her teachers start referring to her as Ana. I love the name Annaleah but that's a horrid spelling. My name is Kimberly and no one ever called me anything but Kim.
oliveoil423
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:42 PM
In school my teachers just called me by my first name but my friends calld me liv livi O olive oil and some people call me olivia newton john. Lol i dont mind it at all even though its not my actually middle and last name.
lovey75
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Did you put michelle on your resume?

Quoting Anonymous: I go by my middle name. My first name is Ola. I would be so embarrassed I would go to school early on the first day of school and make sure they knew to call me Michelle. There was always that one teacher that messed it up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)