Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

we went out to dinner last night,while we were waiting there was a self seating area(full) behind us. there was a toddler at the table closest to us and he spit out french fries on him mom,she full on hit him in the mouth with her knuckles. WTF!?! my dh called security but they didnt do shit,i feel so bad for that little boy,i really do if his mom would hit him like that in public i can only imagine what she does in her home

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:38 PM
I probably would have said some snarky comment on her shitty parenting and abuse.
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I don't think I would have been able to keep my mouth shut, and probably would have "gently reminded her" that she can actually be arrested for child abuse for that, and CPS/DYFS would love to meet a mother like her.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:39 PM

That Twat Wafffle would have been accidentally tripped on her way out the door.

Was the kid bleeding???

Shadowed_Star
by Neko❤Wolf on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:39 PM

its call the COPS and CPS troll

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:40 PM

you call 911.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

you call 911.

and then what? the cops arent going to arrest her for punishing her child

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Quoting Shadowed_Star:

its call the COPS and CPS troll

neither one will do anything dipshit

squocket
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM

That sounds terrible. I think the only thing you can do in that situation is call CPS. I had a similar situation when I was out shopping. A dad was yelling "you're embarrassing me!" at his crying toddler and shaking him. The toddler said, "you scared me so much I peed". I was almost in tears and I walked up to the guy and told him that his behavior was very frightening and that he wasn't doing the right thing. I regret it to this day. I wish I would have either left it alone or called someone who could have helped that child. I worry about what might have happened to that child when they got home and were no longer in a public place. When it is that bad in public, I assume it is probably worse in private and my comment may have made it even worse by causing the father further embarrassment.

squocket
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:48 PM

So, there is no action one can take that will be helpful in this situation? Is this another one of those "to each her own" things that we just have to let go because it is "none of our business"? I am not attacking your response. I want to know because I have witnessed two instances of child abuse and wish that I knew what to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

you call 911.

and then what? the cops arent going to arrest her for punishing her child

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)