Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What holy books have you read?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ok, some, like the Tao The Ching, wouldn't actually be considered holy, but what religious texts have you read?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:29 PM

no, never.

Quoting Anonymous: Never had an interest in reading anything else?
Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

The Holy Bible. That's it.

articmom
by IceQueen on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM
The bible , and most of the Self Realization Fellowship texts . Autobiography of a Yogi Paramahansa Yogananda ...
Elyssa414
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM
I've not read any "holy" books.
I've watched a lot of documentaries about religion and enjoy reading books like Under the Banner of Heaven, The Zealot, the God Dillusion etc...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:33 PM
How did you like Autobiography of a Yogi? I always see it in the used book store, and just today I thought about getting it the next time I'm in there.

Quoting articmom: The bible , and most of the Self Realization Fellowship texts . Autobiography of a Yogi Paramahansa Yogananda ...
articmom
by IceQueen on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Love it . I also receive all the lessons from the fellowship, and we attend convocation with FIL in west Hollywood once a year 😊 Pretty awesome stuff.

Quoting Anonymous: How did you like Autobiography of a Yogi? I always see it in the used book store, and just today I thought about getting it the next time I'm in there.

Quoting articmom: The bible , and most of the Self Realization Fellowship texts . Autobiography of a Yogi Paramahansa Yogananda ...
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:48 PM

The Bible. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:50 PM

I took a world religion class in college. We studied the 6 main religions. I also studied Wicca on my own. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Ok, the 3 Abrahamic religions, Hinduism, Buddhism, and... I'm drawing a blank. It's probably really obvious, it just escapes me.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I took a world religion class in college. We studied the 6 main religions. I also studied Wicca on my own. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Ok, the 3 Abrahamic religions, Hinduism, Buddhism, and... I'm drawing a blank. It's probably really obvious, it just escapes me.
Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Taoism. 

Christianity, Judaism, Muslim, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism. 

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:02 PM

None. I was not raised religiously, and I have absolutely no interest in reading the Bible or any other religious text. I tried reading the Bible and the Book of Mormon once. Couldn't get past the first few pages. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)