Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How accurate are ultrasounds? Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 892 Replies

So this is very embarrasing please no rude remarks. I have a 19 month old son with my boyfriend of 4 years. We now are living together but in 2013 we had a lot of problems and we broke up. So I started seeing another man this lasted from sept to Oct 2013. The last possible day that I had sex with the other man was Oct. 5.

Then my son's father and I got back together and have been together ever since. Anyways I when we got back together I bought a pregnancy test b/c my period was late. I never took the test b/c my period came on Oct 8 or 9 I believe. I just figured it was late b/c I hadnt been eating and had been under a lot of stress. I also had another period on Oct. 28.

In December I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. So I had a doctors appointment in late Dec. The doc tells me that by going b the ultrasound I'm 8 weeks along and that I conceived around Nov. 10. I told him my concerns and he said that it is certain that my boyfriend is the father.

I'm 18 weeks now and its hard for me to enjoy my pregnancy b/c I keep having these thoughts. So what do you think? are ultrasound this early accurate? Please again no rude marks I do not sleep around. I have only been with 2 men.

Update So I had an appointment today with another doctor and told her my fears. She told me to not worry about it because at most an ultrasound at 8 weeks could be 7 days off. so either way it would be my boyfriends baby. I asked her if I should consider a paternity test and she said no that theres no way possible it could be the other guy baby so it would just be a waste of money. I feel so much better now.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristen0812
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:23 PM
3 moms liked this
I've always been told that the earliest ultrasound is the most accurate.
kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM
12 moms liked this
If the last time you were with the other man was October 5th, there is no possible way he is the father.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:25 PM

The earlier they are the more accurate they are so I would say you are safe

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:25 PM
4 moms liked this
An early ultrasound would not be over 4 weeks off. A couple days sure but over 1-2 weeks no. If the baby is measuring 8 weeks then it's definitely your boyfriends baby. The difference between an 8 week old fetus and a 12 week old fetus is VERY large. One could not be mistaken for the other.
3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

That is a whole six weeks difference. I think you are fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Does your bf know about the other dude that went in you raw?
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:29 PM

i misread and then accidentally deleted when i  went to hit edit to ETA....

lol

but i was wrong, and you are fine because there is no way it's that far off on such an early US!! 

lunabella79
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM
This exactly. Very early in pregnancy "babies" grow at the same rate.

Quoting kristen0812: I've always been told that the earliest ultrasound is the most accurate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Does your bf know about the other dude that went in you raw?

yes of course I would not keep that from him.

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM

I was told that there was a two week window that the ultrasound could be wrong.  

I experienced it firsthand when they tried to tell me my daughter was due on the 5th of December and I had her naturally on the 22nd. (My LMP put my due date with her at the 19th of December, so I wasn't worried about going over)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)