Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How accurate are ultrasounds? Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 892 Replies

So this is very embarrasing please no rude remarks. I have a 19 month old son with my boyfriend of 4 years. We now are living together but in 2013 we had a lot of problems and we broke up. So I started seeing another man this lasted from sept to Oct 2013. The last possible day that I had sex with the other man was Oct. 5.

Then my son's father and I got back together and have been together ever since. Anyways I when we got back together I bought a pregnancy test b/c my period was late. I never took the test b/c my period came on Oct 8 or 9 I believe. I just figured it was late b/c I hadnt been eating and had been under a lot of stress. I also had another period on Oct. 28.

In December I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. So I had a doctors appointment in late Dec. The doc tells me that by going b the ultrasound I'm 8 weeks along and that I conceived around Nov. 10. I told him my concerns and he said that it is certain that my boyfriend is the father.

I'm 18 weeks now and its hard for me to enjoy my pregnancy b/c I keep having these thoughts. So what do you think? are ultrasound this early accurate? Please again no rude marks I do not sleep around. I have only been with 2 men.

Update So I had an appointment today with another doctor and told her my fears. She told me to not worry about it because at most an ultrasound at 8 weeks could be 7 days off. so either way it would be my boyfriends baby. I asked her if I should consider a paternity test and she said no that theres no way possible it could be the other guy baby so it would just be a waste of money. I feel so much better now.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristen0812
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:23 PM
3 moms liked this
I've always been told that the earliest ultrasound is the most accurate.
kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM
12 moms liked this
If the last time you were with the other man was October 5th, there is no possible way he is the father.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:25 PM

The earlier they are the more accurate they are so I would say you are safe

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:25 PM
4 moms liked this
An early ultrasound would not be over 4 weeks off. A couple days sure but over 1-2 weeks no. If the baby is measuring 8 weeks then it's definitely your boyfriends baby. The difference between an 8 week old fetus and a 12 week old fetus is VERY large. One could not be mistaken for the other.
3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

That is a whole six weeks difference. I think you are fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Does your bf know about the other dude that went in you raw?
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:29 PM

i misread and then accidentally deleted when i  went to hit edit to ETA....

lol

but i was wrong, and you are fine because there is no way it's that far off on such an early US!! 

lunabella79
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM
This exactly. Very early in pregnancy "babies" grow at the same rate.

Quoting kristen0812: I've always been told that the earliest ultrasound is the most accurate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Does your bf know about the other dude that went in you raw?

yes of course I would not keep that from him.

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM

I was told that there was a two week window that the ultrasound could be wrong.  

I experienced it firsthand when they tried to tell me my daughter was due on the 5th of December and I had her naturally on the 22nd. (My LMP put my due date with her at the 19th of December, so I wasn't worried about going over)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)