Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Apparently my daughters lunch is "fake" ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 411 Replies
5 moms liked this
I received a call from my child's teacher today.Apparently the lunch lady was concerned about dd's lunch. She felt it wasn't a real lunch,but more of a lot of snacks,because she didn't have a main entree. This is very annoying to me.She brought a healthy lunch that she likes.Why must she Bring a sandwich or something else she isn't going to eat to please them? I'm going to talk to the lunch lady tomorrow.

This is what her lunch was..
Apples slices w/ Carmel dipping sauce
Pita chips
String cheese
Cucumber slices

My dd eats small portions many times a day.She is completely full after eating it.She also takes a snack for the morning recess.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:35 PM
5 moms liked this

That is a typical lunch for my DD also. She does not have a main 'entree'

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:36 PM

I had this issue also. It was the principal and she never actually approached me but my sons teacher about his lunches.  the teacher backed me.

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM
18 moms liked this
The only thing I would add is possibly some protein. What I want to know if said lunch lady thinks a lunch able is a good lunch.
StytchWytch
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:38 PM

I'm waiting for someone to question my kids lunches. Ds took olives, 2 slices of turkey lunch meat rolled up, and baby carrots. His snack was a granola bar. Their lunch and recess are together. They only get about 15 min to eat if they are lucky. Dd's lunch was similar.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:38 PM
3 moms liked this
My dd has lunches like that all the time! Would they prefer mystery meat in a lunchable? Lol
taramac
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:38 PM
My son is the same way, his lunch is usually some celery, an apple, yogurt and maybe some cookies. He does not eat sandwiches so I guess he doesn't have a main entree either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM
7 moms liked this
I don't think it was the lack of an entre, so much as that it just wasn't healthy. If you added a Greek yogurt and took away the caramel sauce, it would be fine
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM
63 moms liked this

Lunch lady needs to mind her own business and get back to those sloppy joes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM
If the kid is eating and is not going hungry then leave them be. My dd wont eat sandwichs at school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:40 PM
8 moms liked this
She doesn't eat meat. She does eat a lot of nuts,but can't have them at school.

Quoting Anonymous: The only thing I would add is possibly some protein. What I want to know if said lunch lady thinks a lunch able is a good lunch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)